Part Time Day
Course Start Date
8 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
This is a specialist qualification for landscape designers.
No occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday 15 July, 2020||6:00pm to 7:00pm||Join Information Session Here|
This is a Part-time Day Blended course. You will need to attend approximately 8 hours of class, 1 day a week, for 3 years.
You may also be required to complete approximately 3.5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including unstructured/unsupervised learning activities including private study, assignments, research, reflection, Studespace online assessments.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for a combination of people who:
- have no knowledge or prior experience as well as people who are seeking a career change.
You may enter the course with pre-existing knowledge and may be eligible for recognition of prior learning.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 8:30am to 5:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|AHCDES501-GRADED||Design sustainable landscapes|
|AHCDES502-GRADED||Prepare a landscape design|
|AHCDES503-GRADED||Assess landscape sites|
|AHCDES504-GRADED||Design for construction of landscape features|
|AHCARB502-GRADED||Identify, select and specify trees|
|AHCBUS504-GRADED||Prepare estimates, quotes and tenders|
|AHCLSC501||Survey and establish site levels|
|AHCPCM503-GRADED||Specify plants for landscapes|
|AHCPCM504-GRADED||Design specialised landscape|
|BSBDES501||Implement design solutions|
|CUAACD302||Produce computer-aided drawings|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
250 Blaxland Road, Ryde
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure