Course Start Date
10 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma in Viticulture gives you the skills to manage a vineyard from seed to grape. Gain the skills to manage pests and diseases, water systems and soil quality on a producing vineyard. Learn the process of wine making, and how to evaluate wine from excursions to Hunter Valley wineries.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Manage vineyards
- Control crop pests and disease
- Produce wine
- Practice workplace health and safety standards
- Follow environmental regulations
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Appreciation for wine
- Communication skills
- Complex problem-solving
- Leadership skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- Managerial skills
- Vineyard supervisor
- Winery manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in New Small Business
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time evening via combination delivery course. You will need to attend approximately 6 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 2 years. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 4 hours of other study per week. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
Each Study Term will include a three-day training and assessment block to be held at the Kurri Kurri campus.
You may also be required to complete additional study each week outside of class hours, including independent study, research, practice and assignments.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
The nationally accredited Diploma in Viticulture gives you the skills to manage a vineyard from cuttings to grapes.
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are currently employed or actively engaged with an operating vineyard, participating in vineyard activities throughout the year experiencing all facets of wine grape production. You must be adequately supervised in the workplace by experienced vineyard management staff who are able to provide workplace training relating to the content of the qualification.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled to be delivered via Microsoft Teams Virtual Classroom on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6.00-9.00pm. Participants can attend from home. Each Term will include a 3 day block at the Kurri Kurri Campus.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
It is recommended that students have the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) learning, reading, writing, literacy, and numeracy competencies at Level 4. Students who do not have the LLN levels recommended, can still enrol in the course as they will be provided with LLN support to assist them in meeting the course requirements.
Students must provide their own Personal Protective Equipment during the course. This includes work boots, hi-vis long sleeved shirt, long trousers, safety glasses, gloves, and a hat.
Students must also provide 2 x USB flash drives (2MB to 4MB each), writing material (pens, A4 folder and paper) and a calculator.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|AHCBIO305||Apply biosecurity measures|
|AHCPHT508||Develop a grape production plan|
|AHCSOL505||Monitor and manage soils for production|
|AHCBAC509||Plan and manage long-term weed, pest and disease control in crops|
|AHCBUS511||Manage enterprise staff requirements|
|AHCWAT503||Manage water systems|
|AHCPHT413||Oversee vineyard practices|
|AHCPHT510||Manage a wine making process|
|AHCWHS502||Manage work health and safety processes|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure