Course Start Date
4 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Non Government Subsidised
Complete the nationally accredited Statement of Attainment in Agricultural Chemical skill set and gain a competitive edge in the market. Through this course, you will gain skills that will allow you to transport and handle chemicals unsupervised across a range of industries like, national parks, golf courses and beekeeping.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn how to:
- Manage chemicals unsupervised
- Handle, apply and transport chemicals independently
- Perform chemical store audits
- Execute calibration exercises in a workshop and chemical storage facility
- Use sprayers, wipers and applicators
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Further develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead in this field:
- Self-motivation and drive
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to work health and safety practices
- Practical and logical approach
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- Eligibility to apply for your Chemical Users Licence through the NSW Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) which enables you to purchase, apply, and store chemicals unsupervised
GROW YOUR CAREER
This skill set broadens your employment opportunities by building on your existing qualification and career in land management and enables you to purchase and apply chemicals to control pests, weeds and diseases.
An increasing focus on safety is driving demand for workers trained in key safety areas including the transport and application of chemicals. The demand for skilled workers in parks and gardens, conservation and land management is expected to increase in the coming years.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a online course. You will need to complete approximately 3 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 13 weeks.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately half an hour of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including completion of self-directed learning, Internet research and learning from the TAFE Library Guide for Chemical Application.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are responsible for applying chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases and who use herbicides and pesticides in the workplace.
This course also covers transporting, handling, storing, preparing and applying of chemicals. Some State regulations require this training to be completed every 5 years.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure