Course Start Date
2 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology enables you to broaden your trade and be in demand as an automotive air conditioning specialist, in an industry of the future. Successfully complete this qualification and you can apply for your AAC02 Refrigerant Handling Licence and drive your career forward.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Fit air conditioning to vehicles and machinery
- Repair electrical circuits and systems
- Trap, store and dispose of old refrigerant gases
- Modify existing systems and modernise older systems
- Repair faults in cooling, air conditioning, heating ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) or climate control systems
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Advanced problem solving skills
- A superior eye for detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workplaces
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate II qualification
- Eligibility to apply for your AAC02 Refrigerant Handling Licence that enables you to carry out automotive air conditioning service and repairs
- Automotive air conditioning serviceperson
GROW YOUR CAREER
This supplementary course takes your automotive trade qualification further.
Expand your opportunities further with the following specialist courses:
- Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
- Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This offering for RPL purposes only. Technicians who complete 900-81440V01 may require the Certificate II for application to Arctick for a licence.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- hold a Certificate III in Automotive Mechanical and Air-conditioning skill set 900-81440
- have knowledge and experience of the industry and have completed a relevant qualification. Recognition of prior learning and credit transfer are a major part of the delivery strategy for this qualification.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- LNN specialists
- Interpreter services
- Online Learning Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Offering for RPL purposes only, no attendance is required.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|AURTTA018||Carry out diagnostic procedures|
|AURETU004||Diagnose and repair air conditioning and HVAC systems|
|AURAEA002||Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace|
|AURASA002||Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace|
|AURETU003||Service air conditioning and HVAC systems|
|AURETR012||Test and repair basic electrical circuits|
|AURTTA004||Carry out servicing operations|
|AURAFA003||Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace|
|AURTTC003||Diagnose and repair cooling systems|
|AURTTE004||Inspect and service engines|
|AURETU002||Recover vehicle refrigerants|
|AURETR006||Solder electrical wiring and circuits|
|AURTTK002||Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace|
Servicer and repairer of air conditioning components and systems of cars and heavy vehicles in an automotive service and repair business
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
66 Commissioner Street, Cooma
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21CMA-999 S:02 Jan 2021 E:31 Dec 2021 D:363