Course Start Date
24 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
The nationally accredited Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology enables you to broaden your trade and be in demand as an automotive air conditioning specialist, in an industry of the future. Successfully complete this qualification and you can apply for your AAC02 Refrigerant Handling Licence and drive your career forward.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Fit air conditioning to vehicles and machinery
- Repair electrical circuits and systems
- Trap, store and dispose of old refrigerant gases
- Modify existing systems and modernise older systems
- Repair faults in cooling, air conditioning, heating ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) or climate control systems
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Advanced problem solving skills
- A superior eye for detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workplaces
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate II qualification
- Eligibility to apply for your AAC02 Refrigerant Handling Licence that enables you to carry out automotive air conditioning service and repairs
- Automotive air conditioning serviceperson
GROW YOUR CAREER
This supplementary course takes your automotive trade qualification further.
Expand your opportunities further with the following specialist courses:
- Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
- Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This is a blended flexible course. You will need to attend approximately 26 hours of class, over 3 consecutive days. Teachers will require additional time to process CT/RPL that will be granted for units already completed.
You will also be required to complete additional study from home and provide transcripts of previous qualifications.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are employed in the automotive industry and require air conditioning technology units to improve career prospects. Must already hold an Automotive trade qualification or completed sufficient units of their apprenticeship to enrol.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled for 3 days, from 8.00am to 4.30pm, in the Automotive Department. Students must also complete studies from home and provide transcripts for previous studies.
This training is not subsidised by Government funding. There are no fee exemptions, concessions or subsidies available for this course.
Payment of course fee must be made PRIOR to commencement of learning activity.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|AURTTA018||Carry out diagnostic procedures|
|AURETU004||Diagnose and repair air conditioning and HVAC systems|
|AURAEA002||Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace|
|AURASA002||Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace|
|AURETU003||Service air conditioning and HVAC systems|
|AURETR012||Test and repair basic electrical circuits|
|AURTTA009||Carry out mechanical pre-repair operations|
|AURTTA004||Carry out servicing operations|
|AURAFA003||Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace|
|AURTTC003||Diagnose and repair cooling systems|
|AURTTE004||Inspect and service engines|
|AURETU001||Install air conditioning systems|
|AURETR011||Install basic ancillary electrical systems and components|
|AURETU007||Overhaul air conditioning and HVAC system compressors|
|AURVTA001||Prepare vehicles for customer use|
|AURAFA002||Read and respond to automotive workplace information|
|AURETU002||Recover vehicle refrigerants|
|AURETR001||Remove and tag automotive electrical system components|
|AURACA001||Respond to customer needs and enquiries in an automotive workplace|
|AURETU005||Retrofit and modify air conditioning and HVAC systems|
|AURETR006||Solder electrical wiring and circuits|
|AURTTK002||Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace|
|AURAFA001||Use numbers in an automotive workplace|
Servicer and repairer of air conditioning components and systems of cars and heavy vehicles in an automotive service and repair business
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Macleay & Coleman Streets, Wagga Wagga
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21WWG-999 S:02 Jan 2021 E:31 Dec 2021 D:363