Course Start Date
3 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate II in Automotive Body Repair Technology builds the technical skills and knowledge you need to work as a Automotive body repair assistant. Challenge yourself and use your repair skills to transform cars and exceed customer expectations.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Perform a range of basic automotive repair tasks
- Maintain the body of cars and other vehicles
- Plann and apply automotive repair techniques
- Assist in motor vehicle repairs
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Good communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- An aptitude for working with your hands
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and willingness to continue learning
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Vehicle body repair assistant
- Vehicle painter assistant
- Vehicle detailer
- Vehicle dismantler
- Window tinter
- Vehicle trimmer assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Expand your opportunities with these further study options:
- Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair Technology
- Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology
- Certificate III in Automotive and Marine Trimming Technology
- Certificate III in Business
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a flexible part time evening course. You will need to attend approximately 2 hours of class, over 1 evening per week for 12 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 1 hour of other study per week.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are existing workers in the automotive windscreen repair industry who are seeking to attain a NSW Fair Trading licence in the specialised repair class of "Glazing work". This class of repair covers individuals who install, repair or remove windscreens or other glass in or from the bodies of motor vehicles in NSW.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- language literacy and numeracy specialists
- library facilities
- interpreter services
- online learning support
- guidance from student support services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This is a flexible course and no attendance on Campus is required. Participation is via the MS Teams web conferencing platform. A typical attendance pattern is 2 hours per week for 12 weeks from 6.00pm to 8.00pm.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|AURAEA002||Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace|
|AURASA002||Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace|
|AURAFA002||Read and respond to automotive workplace information|
|AURTTK002||Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace|
|AURAMA001||Work effectively with others in an automotive workplace|
|AURVTT007||Clean plastic trim and fittings of vehicles|
|AURVTG007||Clean vehicle glass surfaces|
|AURVTG004||Remove and install direct glazed windscreens|
|AURVTG002||Remove and install rubber glazed windscreens|
|AURVTG009||Remove and install vehicle fixed body glass|
|AURVTG010||Remove and install vehicle movable body glass|
|AURVTN011||Remove and install vehicle rear vision mirrors|
|AURVTG001||Repair laminated glass windscreens|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Macleay & Coleman Streets, Wagga Wagga
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21WWG-102 S:12 Jul 2021 E:11 Nov 2021 D:122