Course Start Date
18.9 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate II in Business will improve your employment options and prepare you for further study. Start here to develop your business administration skills and land a rewarding job as an administration assistant in the industry of your choice.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn:
- Basic computer skills
- Basic typing skills
- Office administration and support
- How to work in a business environment
- Sustainable work practices
- How to work in teams and on your own
- Workplace health and safety principles
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop other personal qualities:
- Confidence dealing with people in a business environment
- Learn self-motivation
- Advance your written and verbal skills
- Become an expert at managing priorities
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Success in this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- Skills that can be used in any industry
Career outcomes and job roles:
- Administration assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Continue your study journey with:
- Certificate III in Business Administration
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical)
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Education)
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Legal)
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Certificate IV in Business
In November 2018, there were over 1.78 million clerical and administrative workers nationally, an increase of 6.9% over the past five years, with general clerk the second highest employing occupation nationally, with 281,800 workers.
Administrative professionals with technical skills to use organisational systems are in greatest demand, and have opportunities to move up to high-paying administrative roles.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Monday, 29 June to Friday, 3 July 2020||Anytime between 8.30am and 4.30pm||Contact the teaching section for course details on (02) 49302840|
After enrolment in this qualification, an information pack will be emailed to you which will contain course information and timetable. Please ensure you enter a valid email address when you enrol.
This is a full time course. You will need to attend approximately 16.9 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 2 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, revision, and assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- want to learn hands-on computing, administration and communication skills, in order to prepare for study in business administration at higher levels
- want to gain employment in a junior office role
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9.00am to 2.30pm, via a combination of face-to-face, and connected delivery. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBCMM201||Communicate in the workplace|
|BSBITU212||Create and use spreadsheets|
|BSBCUS201||Deliver a service to customers|
|BSBWOR202||Organise and complete daily work activities|
|BSBINM201||Process and maintain workplace information|
|BSBITU211||Produce digital text documents|
|BSBWOR204||Use business technology|
|BSBITU213||Use digital technologies to communicate remotely|
|BSBIND201||Work effectively in a business environment|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Darwin Street, Cessnock
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure