Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Business will empower you with the essential knowledge and skills you need to build your career in business services. Learn transferrable skills you can apply across a range of industries and business models with this exciting and practical course.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Work with different stakeholders
- Prepare documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Maintain office resources
- Support an operational plan
- Maintain financial records
- Use office software (generally Microsoft Office)
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Collaboration and team work
- Problem solving skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- The knowledge and skills to enhance your career opportunities
- Strong pathways to continued study
- Clerical officer
- Customer service officer
- General clerk
- Payroll officer
- Program administrator
- Word processing officer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Build on your expertise with these further study options:
- Certificate IV in Business
- Diploma of Business
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Diploma of Business Administration
In every office, in every industry, there is high demand for qualified and skilled office support staff. General clerks represent the second largest occupation in Australia and this is expected to increase by 14% by 2024/25. Be a part of this growth industry when you study the Certificate III in Business.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a Part Time Evening blended course. You will need to attend approximately 6 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6.7 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 2.5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, assignment preparation, reading, watching video clips, and discussion groups.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are new entrant career starters who need to learn hands-on computing, administration and communications skills in order to gain employment in a business administration support role
- are seeking a pathway to study business administration at higher levels
- have an intermediate level of literacy and the capacity to work independently
- have an intermediate level of digital literacy
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
TAFE NSW provides the following services to ensure a supported and successful learning environment for all students:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Monday and Wednesday from 6.00pm to 9.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
Students must purchase a USB device. Electronic copies of course manuals are provided and students may wish to print these at their own expense. Course manuals are not to be printed at TAFE unless paid by the student in the Library.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|BSBWHS302||Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBINM301||Organise workplace information|
|BSBITU311||Use simple relational databases|
|BSBADM311||Maintain business resources|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU309||Produce desktop published documents|
|BSBITU312||Create electronic presentations|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBITU314||Design and produce spreadsheets|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
Customer Service Officer
Data Entry Operator
Word Processing Operator
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Great Western Highway, Kingswood
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure