Course Start Date
07 Feb 2022
20 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Business is a highly regarded qualification and a great starting point for your exciting business services journey. Get a taste of different business areas and be ready to join the workforce as an administrative assistant and more.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Use popular business software including Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Teams
- Respond to work health and safety issues
- Organise your time and work priorities
- Make suggestions regarding sustainable work practices
- Think critically, problem solve and communicate in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to engage with a wide range of people
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management and task prioritisation
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Administrative assistant
- Customer service representative
- General clerk
GROW YOUR CAREER
- Certificate IV in Business
- Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business
- Certificate IV in Human Resource Management
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- Certificate IV in Marketing and Communications
- Diploma of Business
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time combination course. You must attend approximately 20 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 18 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBCRT311||Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment|
|BSBPEF201||Support personal wellbeing in the workplace|
|BSBSUS211||Participate in sustainable work practices|
|BSBTWK301||Use inclusive work practices|
|BSBWHS311||Assist with maintaining workplace safety|
|BSBXCM301||Engage in workplace communication|
|BSBPEF301||Organise personal work priorities|
|BSBTEC201||Use business software applications|
|BSBTEC301||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBTEC302||Design and produce spreadsheets|
|BSBTEC303||Create electronic presentations|
|BSBWRT311||Write simple documents|
Customer Service Officer
Data Entry Operator
Word Processing Operator
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
154 Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure