Course Start Date
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Great administration, personal and executive assistants are highly sought after in nearly every industry. The nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration will give you the professional office administration skills to help keep teams organised and business operations running smoothly.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn:
- A broad range of administrative skills
- To touch type
- To use Business Enterprise software such as Microsoft Office
- To create and use spreadsheets, prepare presentations and other business documents
- How to write business documents
- How to organise paper-based and electronic schedules
- How to offer outstanding customer service
- Strategies to support your team
- The fundamentals of health and safety in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the qualities and skills you need to get ahead in this field:
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work as a part of team
- Confidence to communicate with peers, management and senior leadership
- The know-how to relate to customers in a professional manner
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Successfully complete this course and you will gain a Certificate III qualification that:
- Prepares you for entry level administrative support roles in a variety of industries
- Sets you up for achieving your next qualification
GROW YOUR CAREER
Continue your ambition in administration and business with further study:
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB50215 Diploma of Business
There is high demand for administrative assistants in nearly every industry.
The projected employment growth in Australia for administrative and support services is 6.6% (Australian Government, Department of Jobs and Small Business).
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
Weekly sessions are conducted by adobe connect from the local TAFE Campus. Timetable will be provided to the student upon enrolment.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?Recommended textbooks can be purchased online or borrowed through the local TAFE library.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Please contact the TAFE West Region Hotline on 131601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBADM311||Maintain business resources|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBIND201||Work effectively in a business environment|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU309||Produce desktop published documents|
|BSBITU312||Create electronic presentations|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBITU314||Design and produce spreadsheets|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
Data Entry Operator
Office Administration Assistant
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
45 Bathurst Street, Cobar
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure