Course Start Date
03 Feb 2020
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Great administration, personal and executive assistants are highly sought after in nearly every industry. The nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration will give you the professional office administration skills to help keep teams organised and business operations running smoothly.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn:
- A broad range of administrative skills
- To touch type
- To use Business Enterprise software such as Microsoft Office
- To create and use spreadsheets, prepare presentations and other business documents
- How to write business documents
- How to organise paper-based and electronic schedules
- How to offer outstanding customer service
- Strategies to support your team
- The fundamentals of health and safety in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the qualities and skills you need to get ahead in this field:
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work as a part of team
- Confidence to communicate with peers, management and senior leadership
- The know-how to relate to customers in a professional manner
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Successfully complete this course and you will gain a Certificate III qualification that:
- Prepares you for entry level administrative support roles in a variety of industries
- Sets you up for achieving your next qualification
GROW YOUR CAREER
Continue your ambition in administration and business with further study:
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB50215 Diploma of Business
There is high demand for administrative assistants in nearly every industry.
The projected employment growth in Australia for administrative and support services is 6.6% (Australian Government, Department of Jobs and Small Business).
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: Wednesday 22nd of January 2020
Time: 10:30am to 12:30pm OR 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Location: TAFE NSW Campbelltown, Building B, Level 4, Room 03.
This is a full-time, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 23 hours of class, over 4 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 7 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research work, assignment preparation, readings, online learning.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- would like to be qualified in a range of administrative roles in varied contexts. Individuals in these positions use some discretion and judgment and may provide technical advise and support to a team.
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services -Accessibility and Disability Services -Personal and Career Counselling Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30am to 3:00pm and Wednesday from 9:30am to 2:30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
A fee applies for most TAFE NSW courses and must be paid when you enrol. The amount you pay depends on the type of course you study, and on your personal circumstances. An initial payment of $80 is required to confirm your enrolment into this course. If you do not wish to continue with your enrolment, you must formally advise Customer Service of your withdrawal. If you do not withdraw prior to the commencement date of the course, this initial payment is non-refundable. Please contact us on 13 79 74 for further information.
Please click on the Smart and Skilled link http://www.training.nsw.gov.au/smartandskilled/prices_fees.html to work out what you will pay for this course based on your personal circumstances. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may be eligible for a fee discount or fee exemption.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Students must purchase a USB.
- Electronic copies of course manuals and related resources are provided and students may wish to print these at their own expense.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 13 79 74.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBADM311||Maintain business resources|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBIND201||Work effectively in a business environment|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU309||Produce desktop published documents|
|BSBITU312||Create electronic presentations|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBITU314||Design and produce spreadsheets|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
Data Entry Operator
Office Administration Assistant
181 Narellan Road, Campbelltown
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure