Course Start Date
27.8 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Great administration, personal and executive assistants are highly sought after in nearly every industry. The nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration will give you the professional office administration skills to help keep teams organised and business operations running smoothly.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn:
- A broad range of administrative skills
- To touch type
- To use Business Enterprise software such as Microsoft Office
- To create and use spreadsheets, prepare presentations and other business documents
- How to write business documents
- How to organise paper-based and electronic schedules
- How to offer outstanding customer service
- Strategies to support your team
- The fundamentals of health and safety in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the qualities and skills you need to get ahead in this field:
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work as a part of team
- Confidence to communicate with peers, management and senior leadership
- The know-how to relate to customers in a professional manner
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Successfully complete this course and you will gain a Certificate III qualification that:
- Prepares you for entry level administrative support roles in a variety of industries
- Sets you up for achieving your next qualification
GROW YOUR CAREER
Continue your ambition in administration and business with further study:
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB50215 Diploma of Business
There is high demand for administrative assistants in nearly every industry.
The projected employment growth in Australia for administrative and support services is 6.6% (Australian Government, Department of Jobs and Small Business)..
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Monday, 29 June to Friday, 3 July 2020||Anytime between 8.30am and 4.30pm||Contact the teaching section for course details on (02) 49302840|
After enrolment in this qualification, an information pack will be emailed to you which will contain course information and timetable. Please ensure you enter a valid email address when you enrol.
This is full time course. You will need to attend approximately 22 hours of class, over 4 days a week, for 19 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 5.8 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4.8 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, revision, and assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are wanting to re-enter the workforce after a break
- are looking to increase their skills to achieve results in their current workplace
- are looking to change career direction
- have underpinning skills in customer service
- are able to work with others
- have some computer skills, such as emails and simple word processing
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, from 9.00am to 3.30pm, and Friday, from 9.00am to 1.00pm, via a combination of face-to-face, and connected delivery.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBITU212||Create and use spreadsheets|
|BSBITU312||Create electronic presentations|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBITU314||Design and produce spreadsheets|
|BSBITU309||Produce desktop published documents|
|BSBWOR204||Use business technology|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
|BSBITU211||Produce digital text documents|
Data Entry Operator
Office Administration Assistant
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Darwin Street, Cessnock
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure