Course Start Date
03 Feb 2020
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Great administration, personal and executive assistants are highly sought after in nearly every industry. The nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration will give you the professional office administration skills to help keep teams organised and business operations running smoothly.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn:
- A broad range of administrative skills
- To touch type
- To use Business Enterprise software such as Microsoft Office
- To create and use spreadsheets, prepare presentations and other business documents
- How to write business documents
- How to organise paper-based and electronic schedules
- How to offer outstanding customer service
- Strategies to support your team
- The fundamentals of health and safety in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the qualities and skills you need to get ahead in this field:
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work as a part of team
- Confidence to communicate with peers, management and senior leadership
- The know-how to relate to customers in a professional manner
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Successfully complete this course and you will gain a Certificate III qualification that:
- Prepares you for entry level administrative support roles in a variety of industries
- Sets you up for achieving your next qualification
GROW YOUR CAREER
Continue your ambition in administration and business with further study:
- BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB50215 Diploma of Business
There is high demand for administrative assistants in nearly every industry.
The projected employment growth in Australia for administrative and support services is 6.6% (Australian Government, Department of Jobs and Small Business).
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Monday, 9 December 2019 from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
Thursday, 12 December 2019 from 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm
Wednesday, 22 January 2020 from 11.30 am to 1.30 pm
Wednesday, 22 January 2020 from 6.00 to 7.00 pm
Location: Kingswood Campus, Building N, Level G, Room 29-30
This is a Part Time Day course. You will need to attend approximately 6 hours of class over one day a week for 36 weeks..
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 8.2 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, assignment preparation, reading, watching video clips and group discussions.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- This Training and Assessment Strategy is designed for new entrant career starters who need to learn hands-on computing, administration and communications skills in order to gain employment in a business administration support role, or to go on to study business administration at higher levels.
- The target group of students have chosen to complete this qualification through self-paced study and will complete this via a blended approach of face to face classes and support through the TAFE campus.
- The cohort of learners who undertake this course will be represented by a wide variety of ethnic groups and a broad age range.
- Most students will have an intermediate level of literacy and the capacity to work independently.
- This TAS is aimed at individuals with intermediate digital literacy.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course:
TAFE NSW provides the following services to ensure a supported and successful learning environment for all students:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Monday and Wednesday from 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Students must purchase a USB
- Electronic copies of Course Manuals are provided and students may wish to print these at their own expense
- Course Manuals are NOT to be printed at TAFE unless paid by the Student in the Library
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it.
Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you.
Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place.
As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
A Unique Student Identifier is required prior to enrolment. To apply for your USI visit www.usi.gov.au. If you cannot remember your USI or if you have forgotten you have one, please visit the USI Website for assistance in retrieving your USI.
For further information or assistance, call 131 870.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 870 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBITU311||Use simple relational databases|
|BSBITU312||Create electronic presentations|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBITU314||Design and produce spreadsheets|
|BSBITU309||Produce desktop published documents|
|BSBWOR204||Use business technology|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
Data Entry Operator
Office Administration Assistant
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Great Western Highway, Kingswood
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure