Course Start Date
26.1 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Complete the nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) to specialise your administration career as a medical Receptionist, clinic administrator, nursing administrator, medical records officer. Work in medical and allied health practices, private surgeries and hospitals.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will build skills in:
- Working in a medical environment
- A medical software program called Pracsoft
- Managing competing priorities
- Creating spreadsheets and managing documents
- Touch typing and keyboard skills
- Supporting a team in an office environment
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities that will help you get ahead in this field:
- Build your confidence in engaging with colleagues and patients
- Switch on your drive and self-motivation
- Work collaboratively and independently
- Develop your written and verbal communication style
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Skills that can be used in any industry
- A strong foundation to continue your studies
- Medical Receptionist
- Clinic administrator
- Nursing administrator
- Medical Records Officer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your studies further with:
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Diploma of Business Administration
- Certificate IV in Business
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Practice Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Administrative assistants and support workers are employed in practically every industry, including schools, hospitals, government agencies, legal offices, digital and media agencies and more. This is a career choice with endless opportunities for employment and professional growth.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Monday 29 June to Friday 3 July 2020||Anytime between 8.30am to 4.30pm||Contact the teaching section for course details on 02 49 302 840|
After enrolment in this qualification an information pack will be emailed to you which will contain course information and timetable. Please ensure you enter a valid email address when you enrol.
This is a full time day course with face to face and connected delivery. You will need to attend approximately 18 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 8.1 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6.7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research and assignment preparation.
You are required to attend the Maitland Campus on Thursdays to complete the required medical units.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are re-entering the workforce after a break
- are looking to increase their skills to achieve results in their current workplace
- are looking to change career direction
- have underpinning skills in customer service, working others and some computer skills, such as emails and simple word processing
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9.00am to 3.30pm, Friday from 9.00am to 1.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBMED305||Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment|
|BSBMED304||Assist in controlling stocks and supplies|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBMED303||Maintain patient records|
|BSBMED302||Prepare and process medical accounts|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Darwin Street, Cessnock
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure