Course Start Date
04 Feb 2020
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Complete the nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) to specialise your administration career as a medical Receptionist, clinic administrator, nursing administrator, medical records officer. Work in medical and allied health practices, private surgeries and hospitals.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will build skills in:
- Working in a medical environment
- A medical software program called Pracsoft
- Managing competing priorities
- Creating spreadsheets and managing documents
- Touch typing and keyboard skills
- Supporting a team in an office environment
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities that will help you get ahead in this field:
- Build your confidence in engaging with colleagues and patients
- Switch on your drive and self-motivation
- Work collaboratively and independently
- Develop your written and verbal communication style
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Skills that can be used in any industry
- A strong foundation to continue your studies
- Medical Receptionist
- Clinic administrator
- Nursing administrator
- Medical Records Officer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your studies further with:
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Diploma of Business Administration
- Certificate IV in Business
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Practice Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Administrative assistants and support workers are employed in practically every industry, including schools, hospitals, government agencies, legal offices, digital and media agencies and more. This is a career choice with endless opportunities for employment and professional growth.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020
Time: Anytime between 2.00pm and 4.00pm
Location: Cessnock Campus, Building A, Level 1, Room 9
This is a full time day course. You will need to attend approximately 20.5 hours of class, over 4 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 8.1 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6.7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours including private study, revision and assessment preparation.
You are required to attend the Maitland Campus on Thursdays to complete the required medical units.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are career starters who need to learn hands-on medical administration, computing and customer service/communication skills, in order to gain employment in a medical administration support role, or would like to go on to study either business administration or medical practice management at higher levels
- have some basic administration, communication and computing skills, gained either as a result of life experience in an increasingly technology-savvy world and need to be able to interact using these technologies as part of day-to-day life
- are re-entering the workforce after a break; people looking to increase their skills to achieve results in current workplace
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Disability services
- Multicultural services
- Library services
- Pathways and career counselling
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesdasy and Thursday from 9.00am to 3.30pm and Friday from 9.00am to 11.30am. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBMED305||Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment|
|BSBMED304||Assist in controlling stocks and supplies|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBMED303||Maintain patient records|
|BSBMED302||Prepare and process medical accounts|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Darwin Street, Cessnock
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure