Course Start Date
04 Feb 2020
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
This qualification is suitable for those working in various medical administration contexts. Individuals may exercise discretion and judgement using appropriate knowledge to provide technical advice and support to a team.
Licensing/Regulatory Information No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
- Monday, 9 December 2019 from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
- Wednesday, 22 January 2020 from 11.30 am to 1.30 pm
- Location: Mount Druitt Campus, Building B, Level 1, Room 13
- Monday, 9 December 2019 from 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm
- Wednesday, 22 January 2020 from 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm
- Location: Kingswood Campus, Building N, Level G, Room 29-30
This is a Full Time course. You will need to attend approximately 18 hours of class over 3 days a week for 18 weeks.
As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 10.4 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6.7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, assignment preparation, reading, watching video clips and discussion groups.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- This Training and Assessment Strategy is designed for new entrant career starters who need to learn hands-on computing, medical administration and communications skills in order to gain employment in a medical business administration support role, or to go on to study business administration or health administration at higher levels.
- The target group of students have chosen to complete this qualification through face to face classes and support through the TAFE campus.
- The cohort of learners who undertake this course will be represented by a wide variety of ethnic groups and a broad age range.
- Most students will have an intermediate level of literacy and the capacity to work independently.
- This TAS is aimed at individuals with intermediate digital literacy.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course.
TAFE NSW provides the following services to ensure a supported and successful learning environment for all students:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9.00 to 3.30 pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Students must purchase a USB.
- Electronic copies of Course Manuals are provided and students may wish to print these at their own expense.
- Course Manuals are NOT to be printed at TAFE unless paid by the Student in the Library
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it.
Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you.
Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place.
As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
A Unique Student Identifier is required prior to enrolment. To apply for your USI visit www.usi.gov.au. If you cannot remember your USI or if you have forgotten you have one, please visit the USI Website for assistance in retrieving your USI.
For further information or assistance, call 131 870.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 870 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBMED305||Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment|
|BSBMED304||Assist in controlling stocks and supplies|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBMED303||Maintain patient records|
|BSBMED302||Prepare and process medical accounts|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Mount Street & North Parade, Mount Druitt
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure