Course Start Date
29.3 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Complete the nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) to specialise your administration career as a medical Receptionist, clinic administrator, nursing administrator, medical records officer. Work in medical and allied health practices, private surgeries and hospitals.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will build skills in:
- Working in a medical environment
- A medical software program called Pracsoft
- Managing competing priorities
- Creating spreadsheets and managing documents
- Touch typing and keyboard skills
- Supporting a team in an office environment
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities that will help you get ahead in this field:
- Build your confidence in engaging with colleagues and patients
- Switch on your drive and self-motivation
- Work collaboratively and independently
- Develop your written and verbal communication style
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Skills that can be used in any industry
- A strong foundation to continue your studies
- Medical Receptionist
- Clinic administrator
- Nursing administrator
- Medical Records Officer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your studies further with:
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Diploma of Business Administration
- Certificate IV in Business
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Practice Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Administrative assistants and support workers are employed in practically every industry, including schools, hospitals, government agencies, legal offices, digital and media agencies and more. This is a career choice with endless opportunities for employment and professional growth.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a Full-time course. You will need to attend approximately 18 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. . As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 11.3 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6.7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including revison of learning material, online activities, self paced learning and other independent activities eg demo videos, handouts and website links.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- This qualification is suitable for those working in various medical administration contexts.
- Individuals may exercise discretion and judgement using appropriate knowledge to provide technical advice and support to a team.
- A range of generalist business skills will also be taught in this qualification for employment in sub sectors that are embedded across all industries within the Australian economy.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Tutorial/Learning support available in the Learning Centre (to assist with study skills), Library Resources, Career Advise and Counselling Services, Disability Services.
- Should this course not fill you may be required to travel to Mt Druitt or Kingswood depending on class sizes.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9.00am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- You are required to provide your own writing materials such as folder (for handouts or notes), calculator, notebook, pens and pencil and USB for storage of learning resources provided via the online Moodle and also work completed by you in class.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBMED302||Prepare and process medical accounts|
|BSBMED303||Maintain patient records|
|BSBMED304||Assist in controlling stocks and supplies|
|BSBMED305||Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Cnr Blacktown & Campus Drive, Richmond
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure