Course Start Date
28 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) equips you with the skills to specialise your career as a medical receptionist, clinic administrator, nursing administrator, or medical records officer in practices, private surgeries and hospitals.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Work and support a team in a medical environment
- Use Pracsoft, a medical software program
- Manage competing priorities
- Create spreadsheets and manage documents
- Touch type with advanced keyboard skills
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Build your confidence in engaging with colleagues and patients
- Switch on your drive and self-motivation
- Work collaboratively and independently
- Develop your written and verbal communication style
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Skills that can be used in a variety of industries
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Medical receptionist
- Clinic administrator
- Nursing administrator
- Medical records officer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV and Diploma in Business Administration
- Certificate IV and Diploma in Business
- Diploma of Practice Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Monday, 12 July 2021||Anytime between 8.00am and 5.00pm||Coffs Harbour Campus, Building A, Ground Level, Room 10|
|Tuesday, 13 July 2021||Anytime between 8.00am and 5.00pm||Coffs Harbour Campus, Building A, Ground Level, Room 10|
|Wednesday, 14 July 2021||Anytime between 8.00am and 5.00pm||Coffs Harbour Campus, Building A, Ground Level, Room 10|
|Thursday, 15 July 2021||Anytime between 8.00am and 5.00pm||Coffs Harbour Campus, Building A, Ground Level, Room 10|
|Friday, 16 July 2021||Anytime between 8.00am and 5.00pm||Coffs Harbour Campus, Building A, Ground Level, Room 10|
This is a full time day course. You will need to attend approximately 22 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including revision, and improving skill levels for keyboarding, and medical terminology.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- want to learn hands-on medical administration, computing, customer service, and communication skills, in order to gain employment in a medical administration support role, or to go on to study either business administration, or medical practice management at higher levels
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 9.00am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBMED302||Prepare and process medical accounts|
|BSBMED303||Maintain patient records|
|BSBMED304||Assist in controlling stocks and supplies|
|BSBMED305||Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Glenreagh Street, Coffs Harbour
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21COF-150 S:20 Jul 2021 E:02 Dec 2021 D:135