Course Start Date
29.3 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) equips you with the skills to specialise your career as a medical receptionist, clinic administrator, nursing administrator, or medical records officer in practices, private surgeries and hospitals.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Work and support a team in a medical environment
- Use Pracsoft, a medical software program
- Manage competing priorities
- Create spreadsheets and manage documents
- Touch type with advanced keyboard skills
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Build your confidence in engaging with colleagues and patients
- Switch on your drive and self-motivation
- Work collaboratively and independently
- Develop your written and verbal communication style
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Skills that can be used in a variety of industries
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Medical receptionist
- Clinic administrator
- Nursing administrator
- Medical records officer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV and Diploma in Business Administration
- Certificate IV and Diploma in Business
- Diploma of Practice Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a full time day course. You will need to attend approximately 15 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 18 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 14.3 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6.7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, assignment preparation, online learning activities and exercises via LMS - LinkedIn Learning Video and resources, and GCFLearn Tutorials.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are wanting to gain the professional office administration skills needed to start a career in the medical or health services administration, personal, or executive assistant roles
- want to learn how to keep teams organised, business operations running smoothly, and client records maintained
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, from 9.30am to 3.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- general stationery, (ie, pen, pencil, eraser, highlighters, and stapler)
- a USB storage device, or access to a cloud storage account
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBITU307||Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy|
|BSBMED304||Assist in controlling stocks and supplies|
|BSBMED305||Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment|
|BSBCUS301||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBMED301||Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately|
|BSBMED303||Maintain patient records|
|BSBMED302||Prepare and process medical accounts|
|BSBDIV301||Work effectively with diversity|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
The Northern Parkway, Tuncurry
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure