Course Start Date
12.2 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use a broad range of skills and knowledge in a wide variety of environments.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 12.2 hours of study each week, for your enrolment duration of 52 weeks. You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You may also be required to complete approximately 11 hours of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- choose to complete their course online, and may be currently working, or hoping to work in the library industry
- are able to work independently
- have low to medium-level digital and researching skills
- have good time management skills
- have organisational skills to take responsibility for following their Individual Training Plan and managing the study schedule required for the course
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Educational Support Officers
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- all resources provided as part of the course, however, it is expected that additional independent research is undertaken as part of individual private study
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|BSBCUS201||Deliver a service to customers|
|BSBWHS302||Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace|
|CUAIND202||Develop and apply knowledge of information and cultural services organisations|
|BSBLIB304||Develop and use information literacy skills|
|ICTICT203||Operate application software packages|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|BSBLIB201||Assist with circulation services|
|BSBLIB306||Process and maintain information resources|
|BSBLIB303||Provide multimedia support|
|BSBLIB407||Search library and information databases|
|BSBLIB305||Use established cataloguing tools|
|ICTWEB201||Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure