Course Start Date
6.6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Be an indispensable part of any team when you study the nationally accredited Certificate IV in Business Administration. Learn valuable skills you can take into roles like Executive Assistant and Administration Officer; and work in a number of exciting industries including technology, finance, advertising, travel and education.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn how to:
- Touch type and other keyboard skills
- Use different software packages - including Microsoft Office suite
- Write complex business documents
- Arrange meetings and business travel
- Oversee projects
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities needed to get ahead fast:
- Organisational ability
- Problem solving skills
- Collaborative working style
- Keen eye for detail
- Confident communication and strong interpersonal skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Success in this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate IV qualification
- A strong foundation to continue your business administration study
Career outcomes and job roles:
- Executive Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Project Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Administration Officer (Local Government)
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your education and career further:
- Diploma of Business Administration
- Diploma of Business
- Bachelor in Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Administrative assistants and support workers are employed in practically every industry, including schools, hospitals, government agencies, legal offices, digital and media agencies and more. This is a career choice with endless opportunities for employment and professional growth. The projected employment growth in Australia for this type of role over the five years to 2023, is 6.6%.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a Part-time Evening course. You will need to attend approximately 6.6 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 4.8 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4.9 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours including, research on WHS, organise meetings, specific task reinforcment (complex word, complex spreadsheets)
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Typically students in this course are currently employed and have a good understanding of work place expectations and practices, some skills in communication and team work. Those who have come from a business or office environment may have learnt their computing skills on the job, and tend to have gaps in their knowledge and theory of computer applications. They are comfortable working with others, reporting to a supervisor and taking instruction/directions for how to complete a task. They have experience in working to timelines.
- This course is tailored for people who are seeking to upskill and obtain a certification, that may secure employment in a more senior business administration support role or to go on to study business administration at higher levels.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5.30pm to 8.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBITU314||Design and produce spreadsheets|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs|
|BSBADM406||Organise business travel|
|BSBADM409||Coordinate business resources|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
|BSBITU404||Produce complex desktop published documents|
|BSBITU401||Design and develop complex text documents|
|BSBITU402||Develop and use complex spreadsheets|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
Executive Assistant; Strata Managing Agent; Business Administration Officer; Accounts Supervisor
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
647 Pacific Highway, Belmont
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure