Course Start Date
11.4 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Be an indispensable part of any team when you study the nationally accredited Certificate IV in Business Administration. Learn valuable skills you can take into roles like Executive Assistant and Administration Officer; and work in a number of exciting industries including technology, finance, advertising, travel and education.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn how to:
- Using different software packages - including Microsoft Office suite
- Write complex business documents
- Arrange meetings and business travel
- Oversee projects
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities needed to get ahead fast:
- Organisational ability
- Problem solving skills
- Collaborative working style
- Keen eye for detail
- Confident communication and strong interpersonal skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Success in this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate IV qualification
- A strong foundation to continue your business administration study
Career outcomes and job roles:
- Executive assistant
- Personal assistant
- Project assistant
- Office administrator
- Administration officer (Local Government)
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your education and career further:
- Diploma of Business Administration
- Diploma of Business
- Bachelor in Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Administrative assistants and support workers are employed in practically every industry, including schools, hospitals, government agencies, legal offices, digital and media agencies and more. This is a career choice with endless opportunities for employment and professional growth. The projected employment growth in Australia for this type of role over the five years to 2023, is 6.6%.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Tuesday, 7 July 2020||10.00am to 11.00am||Join Information Session here|
|Tuesday, 7 July 2020||5.30pm to 6.30pm||Join Information Session here|
|Monday, 13 July 2020||10.00am to 11.00am||Join Information Session here|
|Monday, 13 July 2020||5.30pm to 6.30pm||Join Information Session here|
This is a part time evening course. You will need to attend approximately 6.6 hours of class, over 3 evenings a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 4.8 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4.9 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including research on WHS, organise meetings and specific task reinforcment (complex word, complex spreadsheets).
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are existing workers, already working either in business administration or office junior roles and are seeking to upskill and obtain a certification so that they may secure employment in a more senior business administration support role
- are wanting further study in business administration at higher levels
- are currently employed and have a good understanding of workplace expectations and practices, including skills in communication and team work
- may have come from a business or office environment and have learnt their computer skills on-the-job and may have gaps in the knowledge and theory of computer applications
- are comfortable working with others, reporting to a supervisor and taking instruction/directions on how to complete a task
- have experiene working to timelines
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- easy computing online short courses
- Library resources
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is flexible with self-paced classes offered Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5.30pm to 8.30pm. You can also attend day classes on Monday to Wednesday from 9.00am to 3.30pm and Friday from 9.00am to 1.00pm.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- a USB: $20.00 approx.
- general stationery items: $10.00 approx.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs|
|BSBADM409||Coordinate business resources|
|BSBITU401||Design and develop complex text documents|
|BSBITU313||Design and produce digital text documents|
|BSBITU314||Design and produce spreadsheets|
|BSBITU402||Develop and use complex spreadsheets|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
|BSBADM406||Organise business travel|
|BSBITU404||Produce complex desktop published documents|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
Executive Assistant; Strata Managing Agent; Business Administration Officer; Accounts Supervisor
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
647 Pacific Highway, Belmont
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure