Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Be an indispensable part of any team when you study the nationally accredited Certificate IV in Business Administration. Learn valuable skills you can take into roles like Executive Assistant and Administration Officer; and work in a number of exciting industries including technology, finance, advertising, travel and education.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn how to:
- Using different software packages - including Microsoft Office suite
- Write complex business documents
- Arrange meetings and business travel
- Oversee projects
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities needed to get ahead fast:
- Organisational ability
- Problem solving skills
- Collaborative working style
- Keen eye for detail
- Confident communication and strong interpersonal skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Success in this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate IV qualification
- A strong foundation to continue your business administration study
Career outcomes and job roles:
- Executive assistant
- Personal assistant
- Project assistant
- Office administrator
- Administration officer (Local Government)
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your education and career further:
- Diploma of Business Administration
- Diploma of Business
- Bachelor in Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Administrative assistants and support workers are employed in practically every industry, including schools, hospitals, government agencies, legal offices, digital and media agencies and more. This is a career choice with endless opportunities for employment and professional growth. The projected employment growth in Australia for this type of role over the five years to 2023, is 6.6%.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: Wednesday, 24th June 2020
Time: 11:00am to 12:00pm OR 6:00pm to 7:00pm via Microsoft Teams, using the following link: Virtual Information Session
Date: Wednesday 1 July 2020
Time: 11.00 am - 12.00pm AND 6.00pm - 7.00pm via Microsoft Teams Virtual Information Session
This is a part-time evening, face to face course. You will need to attend approximately 6 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for one year. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, assignment preparation, reading, watching video clips, discussion groups.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are entrants, and people returning to the workplace after a period of time out of Administration roles. Learners may have some prior experience or learning in Administration or Business vocations. Learners from this course will be skilled for employment in any industry as the skills learned in this course are generic and can be applied across a wide sector (in an office environment). They should be looking at gaining roles at a more senior or supervisory level. Learners that have previously obtained Certificate III in Business Administration will build on their skills allowing them to advance into areas of Business and/or Finance as well as Business Administration roles, for further study or employment.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
A fee applies for most TAFE NSW courses and must be paid when you enrol. The amount you pay depends on the type of course you study, and on your personal circumstances. An initial payment of $80 is required to confirm your enrolment into this course. If you do not wish to continue with your enrolment, you must formally advise Customer Service of your withdrawal. If you do not withdraw prior to the commencement date of the course, this initial payment is non-refundable. Please contact us on 13 79 74 for further information.
Please click on the Smart and Skilled link http://www.training.nsw.gov.au/smartandskilled/prices_fees.html to work out what you will pay for this course based on your personal circumstances. Depending on your personal circumstances, you may be eligible for a fee discount or fee exemption.
Students must purchase a USB. Electronic copies of Course Manuals are provided and students may wish to print these at their own expense. Course Manuals are not to be printed at TAFE unless paid by the Student in the Library.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|BSBADM406||Organise business travel|
|BSBADM409||Coordinate business resources|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs|
|BSBITU314||Design and produce spreadsheets|
|BSBITU401||Design and develop complex text documents|
|BSBITU402||Develop and use complex spreadsheets|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
Executive Assistant; Strata Managing Agent; Business Administration Officer; Accounts Supervisor
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
500 Chapel Road, Bankstown
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure