Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Leadership and Management develops your skills so you can provide sound leadership and manage a team in different industries. Refine your leadership style and take your career to the next level with transferable leadership skills.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Lead and manage a team in various environments
- Promote team cohesion
- Communicate effectively within the workplace
- Demonstrate leadership through your own behaviour and high standards of conduct
- Coordinate business operational plans
- Monitor operational performance
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to build successful workplace relationships
- Enjoy managing a diverse group of people at various levels of skill
- An interest in guiding people to meet their goals
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- The opportunity to take your career to the next level and develop your leadership style
- The ability to communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Team leader
- Line manager
- Leading hand
- Frontline leader
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time combination course. You must attend approximately 6 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 10 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 2 days a week for 1 year.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday with Evening classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBLDR411||Demonstrate leadership in the workplace|
|BSBLDR413||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBOPS402||Coordinate business operational plans|
|BSBXCM401||Apply communication strategies in the workplace|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team|
|BSBLDR412||Communicate effectively as a workplace leader|
|BSBLDR414||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBOPS403||Apply business risk management processes|
|BSBPEF402||Develop personal work priorities|
|BSBTWK401||Build and maintain business relationships|
|BSBWHS411||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs|
Sales Team Manager, Administrative Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader, Line Manager
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure