Part Time Day
Course Start Date
3.8 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
This qualification is suitable for individuals working in a range of human resources management positions. Job roles could include human resources assistants, human resources coordinators, human resources administrators and payroll officers.
Workplace responsibilities would be determined at a workplace level. Some smaller business may require employees to work across all aspects of human resources. In larger companies, individuals may just have responsibility for a singular aspect of human resources such as remuneration.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Workshop attendance is not compulsory, but is highly recommended. Students may attend all workshops or they may decide to complete their course through a combination of workshops and blended learning if this suits their circumstances.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a Face to Face Part Time course. You will need to attend approximately 1.3 hours of class, for 18 months. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 2.5 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete additional study each week outside of class hours, including research and accessing workplace documents.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This broad-based human resources management course is not industry specific but rather is relevant to all industry sectors and organisations. The primary target groups for this course includes:
- The student cohort represents existing workers, who are aspiring to work in the area of human resources, from a diverse range of businesses and industry contexts. These students have assumed responsibility for their own performance and are self-directed. These students come with experience, knowledge, skills and attributes that demonstrate their potential for working in this complex area. They illustrate some experience in organising and monitoring their own output.
- This cohort have the capability to solve problems and apply solutions to a range of defined predictable and unpredictable problems. They are able to analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
- This course is aimed at existing workers who have been in the workforce for at least 12 months and who may be already working in or have relieved in a human resources or supervisory role. Alternatively, if a student has also completed the Certificate III or IV in Business, this provides sound foundation skills and knowledge that are built upon in this course
- Individuals who have experience in an operational or administrative role and who are seeking to develop expertise across a range of human resource functions. They may also possess some theoretical business skills and knowledge and wish to consolidate and build pathways to further educational or employment opportunities. Many are mature age and have previous qualifications
- Those people who are unable to commit to workshop attendance because they are unable to access a campus, face travel challenges or work or personal circumstance, but who still want a personal relationship with and support from a teacher
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Individuals enrol and work through the required number of units by attending face-to-face workshop sessions, accessing scheduled and ad hoc one on one or group tutorial assistance and accessing blended resources.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|BSBHRM403||Support performance management process|
|BSBHRM404||Review human resource functions|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBWRK411||Support employee and industrial relations procedures|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBLDR404||Lead a diverse workforce|
|BSBLED401||Develop teams and individuals|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement|
Human Resources Assistant; Human Resources Coordinator; Human Resources Administrator; Payroll Officer
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
13 Janison Street, Tamworth
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure