Course Start Date
12.1 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Leadership and Management equips you will the skills to provide stable leadership and manage your team in a variety of working environments. Take your career to the next level, develop transferable skills and discover your leadership style with TAFE NSW.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn how to:
- Lead and manage a team in a range of environments and changing priorities
- Manage a virtual team in a gig economy
- Plan, organise, implement and monitor your workload and others
- Evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Build successful workplace relationships
- Manage a diverse group of people at various levels of skill
- Learn how to guide people to meet their goals
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate IV level
- The opportunity to take your career to the next level and find your leadership style
- The ability to communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Team leader
- Sales team coordinator
- Leading hand
- Line manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your leadership career further:
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Bachelor of Business Studies
An increase in more diverse teams, virtual teaming and the gig economy highlight the need for leaders and supervisors to keep up with the new ways of working. With workers less likely to remain in the same job, you need transferable skills across multiple industries.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a part time evening, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 6 hours of class over 2 days a week for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6.1 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 3.9 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including self-paced study, research activities and assignment preparation.
This course is offered by Connected Classroom.? This is just like a regular classroom, but teachers and students use the latest video conferencing technologies.
Your teacher can be in one TAFE location, and you can join the class from another TAFE location using video conferencing equipment or a mobile device. You can also join in from a venue in a participating regional community. You will be able to see and talk to your teacher and other students as though they were in the room with you. You will also have access to support to meet your learning needs.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are already working in a leadership role who have identified that they need additional skills, or
- those who would like to work in a leadership role and are looking to advancement or to apply for new roles
- may likely hold some previous qualifications in business, management or administration
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Careers, Counselling and Pathway Service
- Multicultural Services
- Disabilities Services
- Library Services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled at TAFE NSW Murwillumbah, Connected Learning Centre, 115 Wollumbin St, Wednesday from 5.30pm to 9.30pm and Thursday from 5.30pm to 7.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- General stationery, folder, notebook, USB memory device: $20.00 approx
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|BSBLDR401||Communicate effectively as a workplace leader|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBMGT401||Show leadership in the workplace|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|BSBCUS403||Implement customer service standards|
|BSBLDR404||Lead a diverse workforce|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs|
Sales Team Manager, Administrative Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader, Line Manager
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Murwillumbah Street, Murwillumbah
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure