Course Start Date
34 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Leadership and Management equips you will the skills to provide stable leadership and manage your team in a variety of working environments. Take your career to the next level, develop transferable skills and discover your leadership style with TAFE NSW.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Lead and manage a team in a range of environments and changing priorities
- Manage a virtual team in a gig economy
- Plan, organise, implement and monitor your workload and others
- Evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Build successful workplace relationships
- Manage a diverse group of people at various levels of skill
- The ability to guide people to meet their goals
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate IV level
- The opportunity to take your career to the next level and find your leadership style
- The ability to communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Team leader
- Sales team coordinator
- Leading hand
- Line manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business Accounting
- Bachelor of Information Technology
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
During 2021, construction of the new Meadowbank Education & Employment Precinct will be undertaken at TAFE NSW Meadowbank. There may be some disruption to students during that time, including noise, dust, vibration and changes to campus parking. TAFE NSW is focussed on minimising any disruption to students, where practicable. Contact us on 131601 for any questions.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||1:00pm to 2:30pm||Join Information Session Here|
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||6:00pm to 7:00pm||Join Information Session Here|
If you have further questions about your program of study: for general information on TAFENSW programs, please contact us through our website https://tafensw.custhelp.com/app/contact-us/enquire or call 131601. If your enquiry is specific to this enrolment, please contact the teaching section NSI.ME.BusinessServices@tafensw.edu.au
This is a Full Time blended course. You will need to attend approximately 20 hours of class, over 5 days a week, for 17 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 14 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 2 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, practice, independent inquiry on unit content.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Have completed year 12 (HSC) or equivalent, or with 1-2 years experience working as part of a team in a business environment. It is important that you have access to a computer with reliable internet connection and have the skills to be able to use basic features of the Microsoft office suite such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition, you should have effective communication skills to express your ideas both in writing and verbally as well as an ability to set and achieve work goals.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
PLEASE NOTE: Where COVID 19 restrictions remain in place, the program. or parts of the program, may be delivered via connected learning (this means the classes will run in real time as per the timetable utilising technology such as Microsoft TEAMS and/or ADOBE CONNECT). Details of the program delivery will be confirmed prior to commencement including how to access the required software.
The timetabled days and times may also change subject to enrolment numbers.
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00am to 3:30pm. Tuesday and Thursday from 9.00am to 12.00pm. Timetables are subject to change.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBLDR401||Communicate effectively as a workplace leader|
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBMKG413||Promote products and services|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs|
|BSBFIA412||Report on financial activity|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBCUS401||Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies|
Sales Team Manager, Administrative Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader, Line Manager
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
See Street, Meadowbank
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure