Course Start Date
17.7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Leadership and Management equips you will the skills to provide stable leadership and manage your team in a variety of working environments. Take your career to the next level, develop transferable skills and discover your leadership style with TAFE NSW.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Lead and manage a team in a range of environments and changing priorities
- Manage a virtual team in a gig economy
- Plan, organise, implement and monitor your workload and others
- Evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Build successful workplace relationships
- Manage a diverse group of people at various levels of skill
- The ability to guide people to meet their goals
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate IV level
- The opportunity to take your career to the next level and find your leadership style
- The ability to communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Team leader
- Sales team coordinator
- Leading hand
- Line manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business Accounting
- Bachelor of Information Technology
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Tuesday, 22 June 2021||6.00pm to 7.00pm||Kingswood Campus, Building N, Level 1, Room 13|
This is a Part Time Evening Blended delivery course. You will need to attend approximately 6.8 hours of class over 2 days a week, for 23 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 10.9 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 9.7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including assessment preparation, research, private study, preparation for assessment, use of Moodle.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course delivery is designed for people who:
- Would like to pursue a career as a leader and is suitable for people who are already working and have been exposed to some leadership in their organisation.
- New career starters can also be suitable for this course.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- In class Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support and additional tutorial sessions.
- Disability in-class support is also arranged where necessary.
- All learning material is located on Moodle which is accessible for students at all times for clarification.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday from 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBLDR401||Communicate effectively as a workplace leader|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan|
|BSBHRM403||Support performance management process|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
|BSBLDR404||Lead a diverse workforce|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement|
|BSBREL402||Build client relationships and business networks|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
Sales Team Manager, Administrative Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader, Line Manager
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Great Western Highway, Kingswood
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure