Course Start Date
10 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Leadership and Management equips you will the skills to provide stable leadership and manage your team in a variety of working environments. Take your career to the next level, develop transferable skills and discover your leadership style with TAFE NSW.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Lead and manage a team in a range of environments and changing priorities
- Manage a virtual team in a gig economy
- Plan, organise, implement and monitor your workload and others
- Evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Build successful workplace relationships
- Manage a diverse group of people at various levels of skill
- The ability to guide people to meet their goals
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate IV level
- The opportunity to take your career to the next level and find your leadership style
- The ability to communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- Team leader
- Sales team coordinator
- Leading hand
- Line manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Advanced Diploma in Leadership and Management
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business Accounting
- Bachelor of Information Technology
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is an online course. You will need to complete approximately 9 hours of online study, each week, for your enrolment duration of 18 months.
You can increase the hours of online study per week to complete the course sooner.
You can also expect to complete approximately 1 hour of additional study each week outside of online study hours, including private study, assignment preparation, work experience and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- want to upskill in relation to their supervisory role within their organisation.
Through work, study and life experience, ideally you will have:
- good digital skills to enable you to confidently navigate through your online learning program, including online research.
- good time management skills
- good organisational skills to take responsibility for following the timetable and managing the study schedule
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|BSBLDR401||Communicate effectively as a workplace leader|
|BSBLDR402||Lead effective workplace relationships|
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
|BSBCUS401||Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBWOR404||Develop work priorities|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
Sales Team Manager, Administrative Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader, Line Manager
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
OTEN (Open Training Education Network)
51 Wentworth Rd, Strathfield
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
21OTE-023 S:01 Jul 2021 E:30 Jun 2022 D:364