Course Start Date
8 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma of Business Administration equips you with the leadership skills to take your career to the next level as an office or administration manager. Learn to create an atmosphere of collaboration, innovation, and organisation and lead your team to success.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Manage people performance
- Lead and manage a team
- Promote innovation in teams
- Undertake project work
- Plan and implement administrative systems
- Contribute to safety processes in an office environment (WHS)
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop and strengthen the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Strong communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Success in this qualification provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Diploma
- A strong study pathway into a degree qualification
- Administration manager
- Legal practice manager
- Office manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with a degree qualification:
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Graduates of the diploma are eligible to apply for enrolment into this degree and may be eligible for credits, which could reduce your overall study time.
The Business Services sector offers a wealth of employment opportunities. Over 1.6 million people are employed in this sector and represent 13% of Australian jobs, with employment forecast to grow almost 3% through to 2024.
Office manager roles are identified as one of the high-paying administrative jobs to be pursued in 2020 making now a great time to enrol and step up to the challenge.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020
Time: 12.00pm to 2.00pm
Location: TAFE NSW Griffith, via video conference
This is a part time evening, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 4 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 18 months. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 4 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 3 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including independent study, research, preparation of assessment tasks, learning support, online learning.
This course is offered by Connected Classroom. This is just like a regular classroom, but teachers and students use the latest video conferencing technologies.
Your teacher can be in one TAFE location, and you can join the class from another TAFE location using video conferencing equipment or a mobile device. You can also join in from a venue in a participating regional community. You will be able to see and talk to your teacher and other students as though they were in the room with you. You will also have access to support to meet your learning needs.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who are career enhancers who are existing workers, already working either in business administration or office coordinator roles, but who are seeking to upskill and obtain a certification so that they may secure employment in a more senior business administration support role; or are career starters, and new entrants to the industry and are seeking to learn the leadership, supervisory, administration and communication skills required to gain employment in a senior business administration role, or to go on to study business at an Advanced Diploma or Bachelor Degree level.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled at TAFE NSW Griffith on Monday and Wednesday from 5.00pm to 7.00pm by Connected Classroom in Room CG.04.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|BSBADM504||Plan and implement administrative systems|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBITU401||Design and develop complex text documents|
|BSBADM503||Plan and manage conferences|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBADM506||Manage business document design and development|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Neville Place, Griffith
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure