Course Start Date
14 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Human Resources Management pairs your passion for human resources and advances your management skills to help staff achieve success at their workplace.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Develop and manage employee performance
- Foster employee relationships
- Create workforce planning
- Implement and monitor work health and safety policies, procedures and programs
- Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes
- Provide leadership and direction to staff
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Passion for helping others succeed
- Leadership qualities
- Confidence in decision making
- Ability to provide support to others during difficult career transitions
- Great problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited diploma
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Human resources manager
- Human resources consultant
- Human resources associate
- Human resource advisor
- Change manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Advance Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a part time evening, connected learning course. You will need to attend approximately 6.9 hours of class, over 2 evenings a week, for 34 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 7.1 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 5.6 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, and assignment preparation.
This course is offered by connected classroom. This is just like a regular classroom, but Teachers and students use the latest video conferencing technologies.
Your Teacher can be in one TAFE location, and you can join the class from another TAFE location, using video conferencing equipment, or a mobile device. You can also join in from a venue in a participating regional community. You will be able to see and talk to your Teacher and other students as though they were in the room with you. You will also have access to support to meet your learning needs.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are already in the workforce, in roles requiring some human resources functions, including coordination, administration, or payroll, or will be aiming to apply for work in such roles
- are reskilling for a change in career, or preparing to re-enter the workforce
- may hold some previous qualifications in human resource business, management, or administration
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday and Wednesday, from 5.30pm to 8.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBHRM506||Manage recruitment selection and induction processes|
|BSBHRM512||Develop and manage performance management processes|
|BSBHRM513||Manage workforce planning|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBWRK520||Manage employee relations|
|BSBHRM501||Manage human resource services|
|BSBHRM507||Manage separation or termination|
|BSBHRM509||Manage rehabilitation or return to work programs|
|BSBHRM510||Manage mediation processes|
Human Resources Consultant, Human resources manager, Human resources adviser/change manager, Senior human resources officer, Human resources consultant.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Murwillumbah Street, Murwillumbah
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure