Course Start Date
6 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Marketing and Communication equips you to take on more senior roles such as marketing manager or digital marketing strategist. Strengthen your communication expertise, create visionary marketing plans and enter the industry with a competitive edge.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
- Interpret market trends and developments
- Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- Lead and manage a team
- Create and manage budgets and financial plans
- Implement and monitor marketing activities
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Effective communication skills
- Creativity and an innovation mindset
- Organisational and time management skills
- Adaptability to work on diverse projects
- Collaboration skills and the ability to work independently
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage team members
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Marketing manager
- Digital marketing specialist
- Communication manager
- Product manager
- International marketing coordinator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time, virtual classroom on-campus course. You must attend approximately 6 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 12 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 2 evenings a week, for 36 weeks.
This course is offered by Virtual Classroom. This is just like a regular classroom, but teachers and students use the latest video conferencing technologies.
Your teacher can be in one TAFE location, and you can join the class from another TAFE location using video conferencing equipment or a mobile device. You can also join in from a venue in a participating regional community. You will be able to see and talk to your teacher and other students as though they were in the room with you. You will also have access to support to meet your learning needs.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday and Wednesday, with evening classes, and 12 x Saturday 5.5 hour workshops (one per unit). This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- general stationery, (ie, pen, pencil, eraser, highlighters, and stapler)
- A4 ring binder/dividers, and plastic sleeves for handouts
- a USB storage device, or access to a cloud storage account, will also be required
- access and use of a computer, as well as a fast internet connection, is a requirement to successfully complete this qualification
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBMKG541||Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities|
|BSBMKG542||Establish and monitor the marketing mix|
|BSBMKG552||Design and develop marketing communication plans|
|BSBMKG555||Write persuasive copy|
|BSBPMG430||Undertake project work|
|BSBMKG543||Plan and interpret market research|
|BSBMKG546||Develop social media engagement plans|
|BSBMKG553||Develop public relations campaigns|
|BSBCMM511||Communicate with influence|
|BSBCRT512||Originate and develop concepts|
|BSBPEF501||Manage personal and professional development|
|BSBTEC404||Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Scone Connected Learning Centre
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure