Course Start Date
Enquire Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma in Project Management will give you the leadership skills to step up as project leader or manager. Through this course, you will deepen your knowledge and gain in-demand transferable skills to succeed in a range of project management roles across a broad range of industries.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Scope, integrate, manage governance and risk
- Manage time, quality, cost and procurement
- Manage human resources, information and communication, stakeholder engagement
- Develop an innovative work environment
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career, including:
- Learn to work autonomously
- Developing self-motivation and how to prioritise work
- Excellent communication skills
- How to manage deadline and competing priorities
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Diploma that allows you to work anywhere in Australia
- The skills to step up into a management or leadership role
Common job outcomes include:
- Project Leader/Team Leader
- Project Contract Manager
- Project Manager (industry specific)
- Project Vendor Manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further and work more independently or with a supervisory role with an Advanced Diploma or challenge yourself with a degree:
- Advanced Diploma of Program Management
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce
There is an increasing demand for project management roles in growth industries such as construction. Transferable skills are in demand across a variety of industries. Almost every job in every industry involves an element of project management. This means that you will be benefit from the skills gained through the Diploma of Project Management and be able to apply them in any job you have.
This is a flexible course. You may also be required to complete additional study each week outside of class hours, including structured prescribed reading, prescribed follow up activities and private study.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who are employed as a Trainee in Project Management and has a signed correct Training Plan Proposal from a Apprenticeship Network Provider.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
Additional learning and study tools available for this course:
- Disability Consultant
- Counselling Services
- LLN specialist services
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled for 1 day a week which has a blended and flexible delivery. (Subject to changes)
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
The loan cap for this course is $5171. This means the maximum amount you can borrow for each Unit of Study is $713.
A USB and general student stationary is required.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Semester two starts July 2020. Enquire now to be notified when enrolments open.
To find out more information on this course including the next start date, submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page, or call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
*Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it.
Be sure to read your chosen course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you.
Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place.
As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee or Apprentice please call 131 601 for full details.
|BSBPMG511||Manage project scope|
|BSBPMG512||Manage project time|
|BSBPMG513||Manage project quality|
|BSBPMG514||Manage project cost|
|BSBPMG515||Manage project human resources|
|BSBPMG516||Manage project information and communication|
|BSBPMG517||Manage project risk|
|BSBPMG521||Manage project integration|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBINN502||Build and sustain an innovative work environment|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
Project leader/team leader , Project contract manager, Project manager (industry specific), Project vendor manager.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Great Western Highway, Kingswood
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure