Course Start Date
14 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Diploma in Project Management will give you the leadership skills to step up as project leader or manager. Through this course, you will deepen your knowledge and gain in-demand transferable skills to succeed in a range of project management roles across a broad range of industries.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Scope, integrate, manage governance and risk
- Manage time, quality, cost and procurement
- Manage human resources, information and communication, stakeholder engagement
- Develop an innovative work environment
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career, including:
- Learn to work autonomously
- Developing self-motivation and how to prioritise work
- Excellent communication skills
- How to manage deadline and competing priorities
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Diploma that allows you to work anywhere in Australia
- The skills to step up into a management or leadership role
Common job outcomes include:
- Project Leader/Team Leader
- Project Contract Manager
- Project Manager (industry specific)
- Project Vendor Manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further and work more independently or with a supervisory role with an Advanced Diploma or challenge yourself with a degree:
- Advanced Diploma of Program Management
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Commerce
There is an increasing demand for project management roles in growth industries such as construction. Transferable skills are in demand across a variety of industries. Almost every job in every industry involves an element of project management. This means that you will be benefit from the skills gained through the Diploma of Project Management and be able to apply them in any job you have.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a flexible, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 1.5 hours of Microsoft Teams delivery, over 1 evening a week, for 36 weeks. Students are able to attend up to 4 hours per week of tutorial support. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 8 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including research, private study and work investigation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course is designed for people that have a current project management role or are undertaking projects at work. Participants should have at least two years? work experience in a role that includes project work. If a student does not have access to a real work environment they should first discuss the suitability of scenario options prior to enrolment.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Thursday from 8.00pm to 9.30pm. Delivered via Microsoft Teams where participants attend from home. Students are able to attend up to 4 hours per week of tutorial support.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBPMG521||Manage project integration|
|BSBPMG513||Manage project quality|
|BSBPMG512||Manage project time|
|BSBPMG514||Manage project cost|
|BSBPMG515||Manage project human resources|
|BSBPMG517||Manage project risk|
|BSBPMG511||Manage project scope|
|BSBPMG516||Manage project information and communication|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|BSBPMG519||Manage project stakeholder engagement|
|BSBPMG518||Manage project procurement|
|BSBPMG520||Manage project governance|
Project leader/team leader , Project contract manager, Project manager (industry specific), Project vendor manager.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
11 College Avenue, Oak Flats
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure