Course Start Date
16.5 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
Leadership skills are sought-after in every industry. Are you ready to step up? Inspire and motivate the workforce of the future with the nationally accredited Diploma of Leadership and Management. Learn the skills needed to guide teams through major change and innovatively overcome obstacles to meet strategic goals.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical course work you will learn to:
- Communicate using emotional intelligence
- Lead and manage a diverse workforce
- Manage budget, financial and operational plans while managing risk and improving practices
- Develop policy and procedures to support a sustainable work environment
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Strengthen the qualities and skills needed to get ahead in this field and become:
- Self directed and disciplined
- Self motivated and able to prioritise work
- Experienced leading small teams
- An aspiring or emerging leader in the workplace
- A critical thinker
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Diploma
- Hands-on experience in leadership management essentials
Career opportunities include:
- Corporate Services Managers
- Middle Managers
- Production Manager
- Business Operators
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study further with the:
- Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Direct degree articulation pathways:
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Management
- Bachelor of Commerce (Major in Management)
Over the next five years to 2023, an anticipated 14,000 job openings will become available for Corporate Services Managers.
Transferable leadership skills are also in demand across a variety of sectors. With the Diploma of Leadership and Management you will be able to apply what you gain to any role you have.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a Part Time Evening blended course. You will need to attend approximately 10.5 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 34 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 6 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 3 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including Revision, Research, self-directed online activities/ tutorials and Assessment preparation; Independent study groups.
In addition you are expected to complete an additional 12-14 hours of structured and unstructured learning consisting of activities directed by your facilitator and personal research and reading.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
Have completed a relevant CIV and/or have have 3-5 years experience working as part of a team in a business marketing environment or with some experience working in management roles. It is important that you have access to a computer with reliable internet connection and have the skills to be able to use basic features of the Microsoft office suite such as word, excel and powerpoint. In addition you should have effective communication skills to express your ideas both in writing and verbally as well as an ability to set and achieve work goals.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
PLEASE NOTE: Where COVID 19 restrictions remain in place, the program. or parts of the program, may be delivered via connected learning (this means the classes will run in real time as per the timetable utilising technology such as Microsoft TEAMS and/or ADOBE CONNECT). Details of the program delivery will be confirmed prior to commencement including how to access the required software. The timetabled days and times may also change subject to enrolment numbers.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday from 6.00pm to 9.00pm. You also need to attend six Saturday workshops 9:00am to 4:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBINN502||Build and sustain an innovative work environment|
|BSBFIM501||Manage budgets and financial plans|
|BSBLDR504||Implement diversity in the workplace|
|BSBLDR513||Communicate with influence|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
Office Manager, Legal Practice Manager, Information Services Manager, Operations Manager, Business Development Manager, Warehouse Manager, Corporate Services Manager, Public Sector Manager, Production Manager, Transport Manager.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
See Street, Meadowbank
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure