Course Start Date
29.1 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
This qualification reflects the role of individuals with a sound theoretical knowledge base who use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate their own work or the work of a team.
They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some responsibility for the output of others.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an onformation session. You will need access to a laptop, desktop or mobile device and WiFi.
|Monday, 13 July, 2020||9:30am to 10:30am||Join Q&A Session here|
|YouTube Information Presentation||Available Anytime||YouTube Presentation Link|
This is a full time day course. You will need to attend approximately 12.5 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 16.6 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 5.1 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including work experience, private study and reflection, research, and assignment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have completed a Certificate III in Library and Information Services, or equivalent, or
- have experience working in a library, but do not have formal qualifications
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Support
- Disability Services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Support
- Multicultural Learner Support
- Careers Counselling and Pathways Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday and Wednesday, from 9.30am to 2.30pm, and Tuesday, from 9.30am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- a USB: $20.00 approx.
Workbooks and resources are provided electronically. If hard copies are required, this is at your own expense.
Some excursions to local organisations, may involve your own transport.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBLIB402||Consolidate and maintain industry knowledge|
|BSBLIB503||Develop and promote activities, events and public programs|
|BSBLIB604||Extend own information literacy skills to locate information|
|ICTSAS410||Identify and resolve client ICT problems|
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service|
|BSBLIB513||Monitor compliance with copyright and licence requirements|
|BSBLIB403||Complete a range of cataloguing activities|
|BSBLIB603||Contribute to collection management|
|BSBLIB512||Develop and maintain community and stakeholder relationships|
|BSBLIB506||Maintain digital repositories|
|BSBLIB406||Obtain information from external and networked sources|
|BSBLIB507||Promote literature and reading|
|BSBLIB511||Research and analyse information to meet customer needs|
|BSBLIB407||Search library and information databases|
|ICTICT308||Use advanced features of computer applications|
|ICTWEB418||Use development software and ICT tools to build a basic website|
|ICTWEB201||Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
Small Museum or Gallery Manager, Library Technician, Cultural Centre Director.
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
266 Maitland Road, Tighes Hill
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure