Course Start Date
34 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally accredited Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication equips you with the specialist skills to work as a marketing manager, strategist or client services director. Learn to evaluate marketing opportunities and implement, develop and successfully execute strategic marketing plan, whether its for your own business or an organisation.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work learn to:
- Develop an advertising plan
- Develop strategic and marketing plans
- Research and analysis techniques
- Manage environmental changes and developments
- Evaluate international marketing opportunities
- Develop strategies for organisational growth, and sustainability
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to get ahead in this industry:
- Communicate with influence and negotiate effectively
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Agility to work on multiple projects
- Ability to lead, and collaborate in, teams
- Critical thinking and logical applications
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Advanced Diploma level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
Our graduates move into job roles like:
- Advertising account planning manager
- Marketing manager
- Marketing strategist
- Digital/social media marketing manager
- Communication manager
- Public Relations manager
- Events manager
- Marketing consultant
- Brand manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Graduate Certificate in Management
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
If you have completed the Diploma of Marketing and Communications you will not need to attend the Wednesday classes.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
|Wednesday, 23 June 2021||6:00pm to 7:00pm||Ultimo Campus, Building G Level 5 Room G515|
This is a Full Time blended course. You will need to attend approximately 22 hours of class, over 3 days a week, for 17 weeks/ 6 months. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 12 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 8.5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, practice and making independent enquiry.
You should plan to spend approximately 20 hours a week of your own time on reading, studying and researching your assessments and learning activities.
MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
There is a new version of this course coming soon. If it is available before you complete your studies, you will be notified of your options and may be transferred to the new course.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday, Thursday from 9:00am to 5:30pm and Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
Find out more about [VET Student Loans] (https://www.tafensw.edu.au/vet-student-loans)
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed below. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBMKG609||Develop a marketing plan|
|BSBMGT616||Develop and implement strategic plans|
|BSBADV602||Develop an advertising campaign|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBMKG605||Evaluate international marketing opportunities|
|BSBMKG603||Manage the marketing process|
|BSBMKG523||Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan|
|BSBMGT615||Contribute to organisation development|
|BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|BSBINM601||Manage knowledge and information|
|BSBDES602||Research global design trends|
|BSBCRT501||Originate and develop concepts|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Ultimo, Main Campus
651-731 Harris Street, Ultimo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure