Course Start Date
20.7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Take your first step into the world of early childhood as a childcare support worker with the nationally accredited Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. You will learn to provide safe, nurturing, meaningful and inclusive education and care for children in a fun and playful setting.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Care for babies and children and ensure their health and safety
- Promote good nutrition and positive meal experiences
- Use an approved learning framework
- Support holistic development through play and learning
- Identify and respond to children at risk
- Perform emergency first aid
- Promote cultural competence
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Through this course you will build on your:
- Outstanding professionalism
- Passion for early education
- Communication and interpersonal skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care will equip you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification that meets the legal requirement to work as an Early Childhood Educator
- A First Aid certificate
- A study pathway to advance your career
GROW YOUR CAREER
Deepen your skills and knowledge to expand your career options with a:
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Certificate IV and Diploma of School Age Care
- Certificate III or IV in Education Support
Complete the Diploma to move directly into university to become an early childhood teacher:
- Bachelor of Education Early Childhood - at TAFE NSW
The number of children using long day care has increased by 18% since 2012, and this trend will continue to 2021.
As consumer demand grows, so does the demand for teachers qualified at degree level. This Certificate III qualification is a great first step toward a long and rewarding career in the industry.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a part time day, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 20.7 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 36 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 4.2 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including assessment preparation, research and readings.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Are looking for the right course to enable you to achieve the right outcomes for you.
- Are passionate about supporting children's growth and about your own career progression this course will help you to reach your goals
- Are patient
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Are energetic and passionate about children
- Are able to work well within a team environment
- Are professional and ethical
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
- language literacy or numeracy (LLN) Support
- Disability Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Monday from 5.30pm to 7.30pm and Tuesday from 8.30am to 1.00pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- HLTAID004 Provide first aid students, will need to purchase the TAFE first aid book at a cost of $25.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCECE001||Develop cultural competence|
|CHCECE002||Ensure the health and safety of children|
|CHCECE003||Provide care for children|
|CHCECE004||Promote and provide healthy food and drinks|
|CHCECE005||Provide care for babies and toddlers|
|CHCECE007||Develop positive and respectful relationships with children|
|CHCECE009||Use an approved learning framework to guide practice|
|CHCECE010||Support the holistic development of children in early childhood|
|CHCECE011||Provide experiences to support children's play and learning|
|CHCECE013||Use information about children to inform practice|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|HLTAID004||Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|BSBWOR301||Organise personal work priorities and development|
|CHCECE006||Support behaviour of children and young people|
|CHCECE026||Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children|
Early childhood educator
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
7 Clarence Street, Grafton
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure