Course Start Date
8.5 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Take your first step into the world of early childhood as a childcare support worker with the nationally accredited Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. You will learn to provide safe, nurturing, meaningful and inclusive education and care for children in a fun and playful setting.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Care for babies and children and ensure their health and safety
- Promote good nutrition and positive meal experiences
- Use an approved learning framework
- Support holistic development through play and learning
- Identify and respond to children at risk
- Perform emergency first aid
- Promote cultural competence
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Through this course you will build on your:
- Outstanding professionalism
- Passion for early education
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Take your first step into the world of early childhood as a childc ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing the Certificate II in Early Childhood Education and Care will equip you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification that meets the legal requirement to work as an Early Childhood Educator
- A First Aid certificate
- A study pathway to advance your career
GROW YOUR CAREER
Deepen your skills and knowledge to expand your career options with a:
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Certificate IV and Diploma of School Age Care
- Certificate III or IV in Education Support
Complete the Diploma to move directly into university to become an early childhood teacher:
- Bachelor of Education Early Childhood - at TAFE NSW
The number of children using long day care has increased by 18% since 2012, and this trend will continue to 2021.
As consumer demand grows, so does the demand for teachers qualified at degree level. This Certificate III qualification is a great first step toward a long and rewarding career in the industry.
To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session.
Date: Thursday 28 November 2019 Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm Location: Meadowbank Campus, Building A, Level G, Room A.0:17. Please contact ChildhoodEdMBKandHNB@tafensw.edu.au, to register to attend an information session
Date: Tuesday 10 December 2019 Time: 10:00am to 11:30am Location: Meadowbank Campus, Building A, Level G, Room A.0:17. Please contact ChildhoodEdMBKandHNB@tafensw.edu.au, to register to attend an information session
Date: Wednesday 22 January 2020 Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm Location: Meadowbank Campus, Building A, Level G, Room A.0:17. Please contact ChildhoodEdMBKandHNB@tafensw.edu.au, to register to attend an information session
You will complete approximately 8.5 hours of course work and study per week. Students will access online platforms for their studies as well as have access to attend face to face classes. A mentor will be assigned to each flex student and an individual learning plan created in consultation with the mentor and the student.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Students must be employed in an early childhood education and care service for a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Students will be required to undertake self directed study with the support of a mentor to create their Individual learning plan
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
Students enrolled in this mode of study will have employment in an approved early childhood education and care service. Students will access online platforms for their studies as well as have access to attend face to face classes.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
To successfully complete this course, you will need:
- Be employed in an approved Early Childhood Education and Care service
- A sound ability to read, write and speak English
- A basic ability to apply numeracy- Complete a 'Working with Children Check'- Anyone engaging in child-related work (including student placements and volunteers) MUST have a current Working with Children Check (students/volunteers free). Visit: https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-working-children-check.
- Be physically fit to undertake tasks associated with the work placement (such as manual lifting)
- Be physically fit to undertake first aid responses including performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) while kneeling on the floor.
- Follow TAFE NSW policy and procedures, adhering to NSW law when enrolling students under the age of 17- https://www.tafensw.edu.au/study/pathways/school-to-tafe. Students under 18 years of age will require signed consent from their parents or guardians for certain course written agreements.
- First Aid- complete HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting which will include a mandatory eight-hour face to face session. For students who are unable to attend a TAFE NSW campus to complete the unit they will need to obtain a statement of attainment for HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting with another RTO and provide evidence of this.
- Students will be required to undertake an LLN Indicator tool
- Students will be required to complete a minimum of 120 hours of compulsory work placement in an Australian regulated education and care service in order to complete this qualification. Placement dates will be identified in your timetable. TAFE NSW will organise this placement for you.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CHCECE001||Develop cultural competence|
|CHCECE007||Develop positive and respectful relationships with children|
|CHCECE002||Ensure the health and safety of children|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCECE004||Promote and provide healthy food and drinks|
|HLTAID004||Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting|
|CHCECE005||Provide care for babies and toddlers|
|CHCECE003||Provide care for children|
|CHCECE011||Provide experiences to support children's play and learning|
|CHCECE010||Support the holistic development of children in early childhood|
|CHCECE009||Use an approved learning framework to guide practice|
|CHCECE013||Use information about children to inform practice|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|BSBWOR301||Organise personal work priorities and development|
|CHCECE006||Support behaviour of children and young people|
|CHCECE026||Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children|
Early childhood educator
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
See Street, Meadowbank
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure