Part Time Day
Course Start Date
27.7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Education Support will get you qualified as an in-demand learning support officer or teacher aide in the evolving education sector. Learn how to support students with varying and additional needs to get the most out of study and make a difference in the lives of young people.
##LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work you will learn to:
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of classroom programs and lesson plans
- Identify student development opportunities
- Respond to behaviour and specific needs
- Apply curriculum
- Record and assess student progress
##DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to get ahead in this field, including:
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience, responsibility and compassion
- Passion for education and helping others learn
##ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Complete this course and gain a nationally recognised industry qualification that will help you to make an impact in your work.
Career opportunities include:
- Teacher aide
- School learning support officer in public and private schools
- Education support worker in community education services
- Home tutor
##GROW YOUR CAREER
Complete this course and move directly into the Certificate IV Education Support to gain a greater depth of experience and enhanced employment opportunities.
Then, take your career further with a degree:
- Bachelor of education primary
- Bachelor of education - secondary
There has been demand for teacher aides since 2011 with significant continued job growth expected through to 2023. An anticipated 85,000 jobs will open over the next 5 years. Also in high-demand are teaching assistants in mainstream schools to support students with disability and learning difficulties.
A qualification from a trusted educator like TAFE NSW will help you stand out from the crowd.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a Part Time Day course. You will need to attend approximately 7.8 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 20 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 19 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 19.7 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including working through notes online & text book, prep for assessents, reviewing class work, reading, study notes, personal thoughts/ reflections.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- This qualification is targeted at school leavers, new entrant workers and those returning to workforce after a period of unemployment. Learners may enter this qualification with no prerequisites. The main learner cohort that this qualification attracts is mature aged learners returning to the workforce after a period of unemployment. The majority of these learners have significant family commitments. The delivery of this offering supports learners to attend face to face, yet study flexibly outside of classroom hours for the majority of the delivery. This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings, who provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday and Friday from 9 am to 3 pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
You will be required to purchase Supporting Education. The Teaching Assistance Handbook 3rd Edition. Karen Kearns
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW RecognitionIncidental Cost
- Student Association - $20.00
Enquire now for Semester 2 2020 and be notified when enrolments open.
TAFE NSW is open for business so to find out more information on this course including when it will start and how it will be delivered (face-to-face, in a virtual classroom, self-paced, online or a mixture), submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page. You can also call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
* Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
|CHCEDS002||Assist in implementation of planned educational programs|
|CHCEDS001||Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment|
|CHCEDS004||Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre|
|CHCEDS003||Contribute to student education in all developmental domains|
|CHCEDS017||Contribute to the health and safety of students|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCECE006||Support behaviour of children and young people|
|CHCEDS018||Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment|
|CHCEDS005||Support the development of literacy and oral language skills|
|CHCEDS006||Support the development of numeracy skills|
|CHCEDS007||Work effectively with students and colleagues|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCEDS008||Comply with school administrative requirements|
|CHCEDS025||Facilitate learning for students with disabilities|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|CHCEDS012||Set up and sustain individual and small group learning areas|
|CHCEDS016||Support learning for students with disabilities in a classroom environment|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Eastern Road, Quakers Hill
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure