Part Time Day
Course Start Date
30 Apr 2020
36.1 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) will give you the skills to work as an aged care worker in the expanding aged care industry. Experience a deep sense of job satisfaction as you support elderly people to maintain independence and achieve their personal goals in a residential setting.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work you will learn how to:
- Provide individualised support to clients with diverse needs, including people with dementia
- Empower clients to reach their independence goals
- Provide information and advice to clients on their oral health
- Incorporate the concepts and practices of person-centred support
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the qualities needed to get ahead in this field:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Great spoken and written communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Complete this course and gain:
- A nationally recognised industry qualification
- A First Aid certificate
- Experience providing care in residential aged care settings
- Aged care worker
- Aged care support worker
- Care assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
This course offers a study pathway to gain employment in more senior roles:
- Certificate IV Ageing Support
- Diploma of Community Services
Boost your education with a degree after completing your Certificate IV:
- Bachelor of Community Services with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Bachelor of Nursing
The NSW Skills List identifies that there is a skills shortage for aged care workers across NSW. With an ageing population, roles for aged and disabled carers are projected to increase by over 69,000 between now and 2023.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a part time day, blended course. You will need to attend approximately 10 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 43 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 12.3 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 6.9 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including self-study, revision and reading, library/learning hub.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
The primary target learner group are people wanting to gain or retain work in the aged care industry, and includes:
- Job seekers
- New entrants
- Existing workers/volunteers
- Career changers
Note: No assumptions have been made about the existing knowledge or skills of individuals/cohorts
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Time with teacher
- Education support officer
- Administration support outside of the classroom
- Online lecture environment at drop in centres after class one day a week.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Thursday and Friday from 9.30am to 3.00pm plus additional self-directed learning at home. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
- Costs associated with work experience and field trips such as food, transport and accommodation are at the students own expense.
- Additional items required for this course are the purchase of a Uniform shirt $30, First Aid Text Book $25. The purchase of the Individual Support Text Book $75 is highly recommended but not compulsory. Criminal Record Checks are at cost to the student and not processed through TAFE NSW.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Applying with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. As you progress through the application and enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCPAL001||Deliver care services using a palliative approach|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE002||Implement falls prevention strategies|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Apply Now
Cudgen Road, Kingscliff
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure