Course Start Date
14 Feb 2022
7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) will give you the skills to work as an aged care worker in the expanding aged care industry. Experience a deep sense of job satisfaction as you support elderly people to maintain independence and achieve their personal goals in a residential setting.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work you will learn how to:
- Provide individualised support to clients with diverse needs, including people with dementia
- Empower clients to reach their independence goals
- Provide information and advice to clients on their oral health
- Incorporate the concepts and practices of person-centred support
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the qualities needed to get ahead in this field:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Great spoken and written communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Complete this course and gain:
- A nationally recognised industry qualification
- A First Aid certificate
- Experience providing care in residential aged care settings
- Aged care worker
- Aged care support worker
- Care assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
This course offers a study pathway to gain employment in more senior roles:
- Certificate IV Ageing Support
- Diploma of Community Services
Boost your education with a degree after completing your Certificate IV:
- Bachelor of Community Services with TAFE NSW Degrees
- Bachelor of Nursing
The NSW Skills List identifies that there is a skills shortage for aged care workers across NSW. With an ageing population, roles for aged and disabled carers are projected to increase by over 69,000 between now and 2023.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a part time combination course. You must attend approximately 7 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 1 day a week for 34 weeks.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- Have an interest in working with older people in a residential aged care setting who are wanting to obtain an entry level qualification to gain or retain work in the aged care industry. This includes:
Existing workers / volunteers
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
Access to Disabilities Consultant.
Access to personal and vocational counselling.
Learning support - individual and/or group as available and scheduled.
Library facilities - areas to study, access to internet, library catalogue and health and nursing online databases for flexible learning electronic resources , access to library staff for guidance
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
Recommended Textbooks: - Individual Support in Australia:
- Ageing, Disability, Home and Community Care TAFE NSW ISBN 9781742365251 Approx pricing $90
- TAFE NSW (2017) First Aid textbook, 8th Ed. VETRes, Australia ISBN: 978-1-74236-531-2 Approx. pricing $18.50
- TAFE uniform shirt available from TAFE NSW Taree Nursing and Aged Care section $30.
- Students must provide navy uniform pants or skirt and navy or black shoes which must be closed in (covered), non-permeable to fluids and sharps and with non-slip soles.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCPAL001||Deliver care services using a palliative approach|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure