Course Start Date
18 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) will give you the skills for a rewarding career in a skills shortage area. Learn how to provide individualised support to help your clients engage with their community and pursue their personal goals.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Provide individualised support to meet personal care needs
- Provide help with domestic duties
- Help clients navigate the NDIS landscape and gain access to other services
- Empower clients to reach their independence and social inclusion goals
- Use discretion and judgement in a variety of circumstances
- Work with a range of diverse clients using a strengths-based approach
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A friendly and approachable nature
- The ability to be supportive and empathetic
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- A focus on client service
- Good verbal and written communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised industry qualification at Certificate III level
- First Aid Certificate
- Disability support worker
- Residential support worker
- Disability school support officer
- Disability service officer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Diploma of Community Services
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a full time, combination course. You must attend approximately 18 hours of class. You may also be required to complete approximately 15 hours of additional study. This additional study could include private study, work placements and research.
The course will run 3 days a week for 18 weeks.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with day classes. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|CHCDIS001||Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach|
|CHCDIS002||Follow established person-centred behaviour supports|
|CHCDIS003||Support community participation and social inclusion|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|HLTINF001||Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures|
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and wellbeing|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|HLTAID011||Provide First Aid|
Disability Service Officer
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure