Course Start Date
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
- VET Student Loans Available
Gain the skills to operate as an educational leader, supervisor, or manager in childcare with the nationally accredited Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care. Learn to lead the practical application of the National Quality Framework and mentor and support other educators.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through on the job experience and theoretical course work, you will:
- Practice operational leadership skills
- Build caring and supportive relationships with people accessing services
- Engage in interventions
- Identify and prioritise the goals of your clients
- Work within community and strategic frameworks
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities to get ahead in this field:
- Leadership skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A national qualification as an industry recognised early childhood leader
- Confidence and ability to progress your career to the next level
Our graduates go on to roles such as:
- Early childhood educator
- Lead educator
- Early childhood supervisor
- Early childhood manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career to the next level with a university degree:
- Bachelor of Education Early Childhood - with TAFE NSW
Broaden your skills to expand your opportunities:
- Certificate IV and Diploma of School Age Care
- Certificate III and IV in Education Support
While the number of children in long day care is growing along with the Government's commitment to invest more than $40b into childcare support to 2021, the demand for Diploma level childcare workers is moderate. However, university qualified workers are experiencing high demand that continues to rise. This course provides a direct pathway into the bachelor degree.
'To find out more about this course, meet our teachers and receive information about enrolment and next steps, attend an information session. Date: Tuesday, 21 January 2020 Time: 10.00am to 10.30am Location: Bathurst Campus, Building K, Room 0.3-0.4 Or Date: Wednesday, 22 January 2020 Time: 6.00pm to 6.30pm Location: Bathurst Campus, Building K, Room 0.3-0.4 Or Date: Thursday, 23 January 2020 Time: 4.00pm to 4.30pm Location: Bathurst Campus, Building K, Room 0.3-0.4 Or Date: Friday, 24 January 2020 Time: 1.00pm to 1.30pm Location: Bathurst Campus, Building K, Room 0.3-0.4
This is a flexible blended course. You will need to attend approximately 10.6 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 36 weeks. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 10.9 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 2.8 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, research, assignment preparation and work experience preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of early childhood education settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They support the implementation of an approved learning framework, and support children?s wellbeing, learning and development. Depending on the setting, educators may work under direct supervision or autonomously. To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 240 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
Educational and Support Services TAFE NSW provides the following services to ensure a supported and successful learning environment for all students:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
This course is currently scheduled on Monday and Wednesday from 5.30pm to 8.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Semester two starts July 2020. Enquire now to be notified when enrolments open.
To find out more information on this course including the next start date, submit an online enquiry by clicking the Enquire Now button on this page, or call 131 601 during business hours* to chat with a member of our friendly customer service team.
*Our customer service team are available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm AEST.
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it.
Be sure to read your chosen course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you.
Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place.
As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee or Apprentice please call 131 601 for full details.
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCECE001||Develop cultural competence|
|CHCECE002||Ensure the health and safety of children|
|CHCECE003||Provide care for children|
|CHCECE004||Promote and provide healthy food and drinks|
|CHCECE005||Provide care for babies and toddlers|
|CHCECE007||Develop positive and respectful relationships with children|
|CHCECE009||Use an approved learning framework to guide practice|
|CHCECE016||Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children|
|CHCECE017-UNGRADED||Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood|
|CHCECE018-UNGRADED||Nurture creativity in children|
|CHCECE019||Facilitate compliance in an education and care service|
|CHCECE020||Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour|
|CHCECE021-UNGRADED||Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children|
|CHCECE022-UNGRADED||Promote children's agency|
|CHCECE023-UNGRADED||Analyse information to inform learning|
|CHCECE024-UNGRADED||Design and implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development|
|CHCECE025||Embed sustainable practices in service operations|
|CHCECE026||Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|HLTAID004||Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety|
|CHCECE010||Support the holistic development of children in early childhood|
|CHCECE011||Provide experiences to support children's play and learning|
|CHCECE013||Use information about children to inform practice|
|CHCMGT003||Lead the work team|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Panorama Avenue, Bathurst
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure