Course Start Date
20.4 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care builds on your leadership skills so you can operate as an educational leader or manager in the childcare industry. Design educational programs that nurture creativity and establish a safe learning environment for all.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- Establish and maintain a healthy environment for children
- Maintain work health and safety
- Nurture creativity in children
- Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A passion for education and care
- High levels of professionalism
- High energy, commitment and dedication to your career
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to build leadership skills
- Patience and adaptability
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Diploma level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Early childhood educator
- Lead educator
- Early childhood director
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and Care (Birth-5) with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
This is a flexible course with moodle (online) work and approximately 8-10 workshops that will be held either on campus or via connected delivery. You will need to attend approximately 0.9 hours of class, per week, for 18 months. As well as the in-class component, you will need to complete approximately 19.5 hours of other study per week.
You may also be required to complete approximately 2.3 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including reviewing class work, reading, study notes, and personal thoughts/reflections work.
Learners will also need to complete a minimum of 240 hours of workplacement in a registered Early Childhood Service over the duration of the course.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- have completed CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- are very motivated and can work independently online
The qualifation reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
Students are required to undertake a minimum of 240 hours of work placement in an Australian regulated education and care service as part of the training package requirements for this qualification. Students will be provided with access to a suitable Australian regulated education and care service for work placement. TAFE assessors will visit to assess skills and knowledge as required.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
Detailed current information on these Support Services are made available to staff and students at TAFE NSW Student Services. Additionally, every student is supported by a dedicated Student Services team at each campus location.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
You will need to provide the following resources which is retained on completion of study:
- acess to internet, computer & printer
- access to Early Childhood resource books
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCECE001||Develop cultural competence|
|CHCECE002||Ensure the health and safety of children|
|CHCECE003||Provide care for children|
|CHCECE004||Promote and provide healthy food and drinks|
|CHCECE005||Provide care for babies and toddlers|
|CHCECE007||Develop positive and respectful relationships with children|
|CHCECE009||Use an approved learning framework to guide practice|
|CHCECE016||Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children|
|CHCECE017-UNGRADED||Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood|
|CHCECE018-UNGRADED||Nurture creativity in children|
|CHCECE019||Facilitate compliance in an education and care service|
|CHCECE020||Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour|
|CHCECE021-UNGRADED||Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children|
|CHCECE022-UNGRADED||Promote children's agency|
|CHCECE023-UNGRADED||Analyse information to inform learning|
|CHCECE024-UNGRADED||Design and implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development|
|CHCECE025||Embed sustainable practices in service operations|
|CHCECE026||Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|HLTAID004||Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety|
|CHCECE010||Support the holistic development of children in early childhood|
|CHCECE011||Provide experiences to support children's play and learning|
|CHCECE013||Use information about children to inform practice|
|CHCMGT003||Lead the work team|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Eastern Road, Quakers Hill
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure