Course Start Date
12 Jul 2021
28.1 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
- VET Student Loans Available
The nationally recognised Diploma of Community Services will help you develop specialist skills for a rewarding community services career. Gain a solid foundation to build your leadership capability and prepare for roles in case work and management in this in-demand sector.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- Develop workplace communication strategies
- Undertake case management in a child protection framework
- Develop social housing enterprise opportunities
- Assess the needs of clients with alcohol and other drug issues
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Resilience and empathy
- The ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- A non-judgemental nature
- Leadership and mentoring abilities
- Effective communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Diploma level
- A strong pathways to continue your studies and enhance your career opportunities
- Case worker/manager
- Community services worker
- Domestic and family violence worker
- Youth worker
- Family support worker
- Family services coordinator
- Program coordinator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Diploma of Youth Work
- Bachelor of Community Services with TAFE NSW Degrees
Discover the skills you need for the job you want at the TAFE NSW Information Sessions, 21-25 June 2021.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course
This is a blended full time course. You will need to attend approximately 28.1 hours of class, over 2 days a week, for 18 months.
You may also be required to complete approximately 5.5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including private study, assignment preparation, work experience and research.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who wish to progress further in their studies in community services and people who are currently working in industry who wish to gain further skills and knowledge for their job and/or to gain formal recognition of existing skills and knowledge.
Students enrol having completed a Certificate IV Community Services qualification from the CHC Training Package, which provides them with 7 elective units that will auto credit straight into the course. If the students do not meet this requirement they will enrol in an alternative cohort.
This qualification reflects the roles of community services workers and case worker/managers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
There are additional learning and study tools available for this course, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Student Support and Services
- Accessibility and Disability Services
- Personal Counselling
- Vocational Counselling
- Learning Support
- International Student Support
- Multicultural Support
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Wednesday and Thursday from 9.30am to 3.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
PAYMENT OPTIONS AND ASSISTANCE
This course is approved for a Commonwealth VET Student Loan (VSL). If you meet the VSL eligibility and academic suitability requirements, you are able to apply to the Commonwealth for a loan to cover all or part of your course fee. We will ask you whether you would like to apply for a VET Student Loan when you enrol and advise you of the process.
To complete your VET Student Loan application, you will need to provide:
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you dont have a TFN, click here for information on how to apply for one. You can complete your loan application with a Certificate of Application for a TFN, but must provide your TFN as soon as it is issued. If you dont provide your TFN before your first census day, you will need to pay the tuition fees for that unit of study.
- Your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) ). If you have previously accessed a loan via the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), either at TAFE or university, you will already have a CHESSN. You must use the same CHESSN whenever you access a student loan. If you dont have CHESSN, we will allocate one on your behalf.
- A copy of your Australian Year 12 Certificate; OR
- A copy of a certificate showing that you have been awarded a qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (where the language of instruction was English). If you previously completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification at TAFE NSW, just let us know where and when you studied in your application; OR
- Display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy through an approved Language, Literacy and Numeracy test. We will let you know if this is required once you apply.
Find out more about VET Student Loans
Direct payment by Unit of Study instalments is available for this course.
The Units of Study and associated fees for this course are detailed above. Fees are charged on the census day for each Unit of Study. To secure a loan for part or all of your course, you must be eligible and submit a valid application to the Commonwealth for a VET Student Loan. You may withdraw prior to the census date without incurring a fee.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|Code||Name||Start Date||End Date||Census Date||Amount|
|21DUB00812||UOS VSL 1 - Diploma of Community Services||12 Jul 2021||01 Oct 2021||02 Aug 2021||$829.00|
|21DUB00815||UOS VSL 2 - Diploma of Community Services||05 Oct 2021||24 Dec 2021||01 Nov 2021||$829.00|
|21DUB00820||UOS VSL 3 - Diploma of Community Services||30 Dec 2021||25 Mar 2022||07 Feb 2022||$829.00|
|22DUB00208||UOS VSL 4 - Diploma of Community Services||21 Mar 2022||17 Jun 2022||02 May 2022||$829.00|
|22DUB00211||UOS VSL 5 - Diploma of Community Services||14 Jun 2022||09 Sep 2022||04 Jul 2022||$829.00|
|22DUB00214||UOS VSL 6 - Diploma of Community Services||12 Sep 2022||01 Dec 2022||04 Oct 2022||$825.00|
Enrolling with us is easy, though the exact process does depend on your course and any prerequisites that go with it. Be sure to read all course information carefully to make sure it is the right qualification, location and study type for you. Enrol and pay online via our secure payment gateway to secure your place. As you progress through the enrolment process you will be prompted to provide additional information.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
If you are interested in studying as a Trainee please call 131 601 for full details. (only if available as a trainee)
|CHCCCS007||Develop and implement service programs|
|CHCCOM003||Develop workplace communication strategies|
|CHCDEV002-UNGRADED||Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services|
|CHCDIV003||Manage and promote diversity|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|CHCMGT005||Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|HLTWHS004||Manage work health and safety|
|CHCCCS003||Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide|
|CHCCCS019||Recognise and respond to crisis situations|
|CHCCDE011||Implement community development strategies|
|CHCCSM005||Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management|
|CHCDEV001-UNGRADED||Confirm client developmental status|
|CHCMHS001||Work with people with mental health issues|
|CHCMHS013||Implement trauma informed care|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Dubbo, Myall Street
Myall Street Campus, Dubbo
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure