Course Start Date
7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Apprenticeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying equips you for a trade career as a bricklayer. Learn in simulated workshops and on-the-job in your apprenticeship, and gain skills to excel in an in-demand area of the construction industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Plan and set out bricklaying/blocklaying work
- Prepare and use appropriate materials and industry tools
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Work safely on-site and from heights
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork skills
- Good hand-eye coordination
- The flexibility to work in a variety of conditions
- A talent for working with their hands
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Eligibility to apply for your trade licence with the Department of Fair Trading
- A strong foundation to continue your studies or start your own small business
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV Building and Construction (Building)
- Diploma Building and Construction (Building)
Discover the skills you need, for the job you want at a TAFE NSW Information Session.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
Apprenticeship: Australian Apprenticeship training can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both. TAFE NSW will negogiate your attendance and study pattern with you and your employer.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
There are a range of study options for NSW Apprentices and eligible non-apprentices with relevant industry work experience in this course.
Under the NSW Government fee-free apprenticeship initiative, NSW apprentices that commence their training on or after 1 July 2018 may be eligible for fee-free training. Apprentices are required to provide evidence of their NSW apprenticeship to finalise their enrolment and applicable fees.
This course is also a TAFE NSW Trade Pathways Qualification and ideal if you have been working in this industry for an extended period of time but havent received a qualification. To be eligible to enrol as a non-apprentice and secure funding, you must firstly meet the Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria and be:
- over 21 years of age
- able to demonstrate and provide evidence of extensive industry experience and
- able to demonstrate relevant ongoing work experience and provide workplace evidence to support the achievement of competence.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
Before you can start an apprenticeship, you first need to find an employer in the industry you're interested in that will support you through your studies. You and your employer should contact an Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) and tell them you're interested in studying at TAFE NSW.
The ANP will help you and your employer to complete a Training Contract. Once you have a Training Contract, we will help you, your employer and the ANP to complete a Training Plan Proposal. Once you have both these documents, the ANP will lodge them with State Training Services, who will provide further advice about next steps.
For further information or assistance, call 131 601.
|CPCCBL2001||Handle and prepare bricklaying and blocklaying materials|
|CPCCBL2002||Use bricklaying and blocklaying tools and equipment|
|CPCCBL3002||Carry out masonry veneer construction|
|CPCCBL3003||Carry out cavity brick construction|
|CPCCBL3005||Lay masonry walls and corners|
|CPCCBL3006||Lay multi-thickness walls and piers|
|CPCCBL3009||Install flashings and damp proof course|
|CPCCBL3010||Construct masonry arches|
|CPCCBL3011||Construct curved walls|
|CPCCBL3013||Construct masonry structural systems|
|CPCCCA3002||Carry out setting out|
|CPCCCM2006||Apply basic levelling procedures|
|CPCCCM2008||Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding|
|CPCCCM2012||Work safely at heights|
|CPCCOM1012||Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry|
|CPCCOM1013||Plan and organise work|
|CPCCOM1014||Conduct workplace communication|
|CPCCOM1015||Carry out measurements and calculations|
|CPCCOM2001||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCWHS2001||Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry|
|CPCCBL3004||Construct masonry steps and stairs|
|CPCCBL3007||Install glass blockwork|
|CPCCBL3012||Construct fireplaces and chimneys|
|CPCCBL3014||Install fire-rated masonry construction|
|CPCCBL3015||Construct decorative brickwork|
|CPCCBL3016||Construct battered masonry walls and piers|
|CPCCBL3017||Carry out tuck pointing and repointing to masonry|
|CPCCCO2013||Carry out concreting to simple forms|
|CPCCSF2004||Place and fix reinforcement materials|
Occupational titles could include:
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure
22GRV-045 S:02 Jan 2022 E:30 Dec 2022 D:362