Course Start Date
7 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is fully government-subsidised under JobTrainer
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) will further your career as a builder or construction manager. Youll learn how to own and operate your own building enterprise and take your expertise to the next level with industry-standard skills and knowledge.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Plan, prepare, read and interpret building and construction plans, contracts, and specifications
- Identify and estimate building costs
- Schedule ordering of materials and labour
- Supervise projects
- Follow building codes and standards for residential and commercial constructions
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A passion for working on building and construction projects
- An interest in working in a variety of environments indoors and outdoors
- A strong work ethic
- An aptitude for working with their hands
- Effective communication and people skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- High attention to detail
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Eligibility to apply for a Builders Licence (if you meet additional requirements)
- A pathway to owning and operating a licensed building enterprise
- Construction manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Building Construction (Building)
- Diploma of Building Design
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a part time evening course. You will need to attend approximately 7 hours of class, over 2 evenings a week, for 54 weeks.
You may also be required to complete approximately 20.4 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including revision, self directed activies, portfolio, research and assessment preparation.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for:
- This qualification is for people who want to become builders and managers of small to medium businesses. It provides learners with the skills and knowledge required to cordinate the overall construction of low-rise buildings, which entails selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, as well as liasing with clients.
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
The way you learn may change during your enrolment to ensure the best learning experience or to keep you safe as COVID-19 restrictions change, and some of our face to face classes may change to online or virtual classroom learning. Also, to ensure that we keep you safe while studying, we may modify our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, there may be a modification or delay in the planned timeframe due to COVID-19 impacts. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled on Monday and Tuesday from 5.00pm to 8.30pm. This timetable may change and will be confirmed by your teacher
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
Students need to have access to a laptop or electronic device with wireless conductivity via a third party (internet provider). Stationary, scientific claculator, pens, notebook, usb device, Personal Protective Equipment and measuring device.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|BSBSMB406A||Manage small business finances|
|CPCCBC4001A-UNGRADED||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects|
|CPCCBC4002A||Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace|
|CPCCBC4003A-UNGRADED||Select and prepare a construction contract|
|CPCCBC4004A-UNGRADED||Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4005A||Produce labour and material schedules for ordering|
|CPCCBC4006B||Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects|
|CPCCBC4007A||Plan building or construction work|
|CPCCBC4008B||Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4009B||Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4010B-UNGRADED||Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions|
|CPCCBC4011B||Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions|
|CPCCBC4012B||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCBC4018A||Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4024A||Resolve business disputes|
|CPCCBC4026A||Arrange building applications and approvals|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Sneaths Road, Wollongbar
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure