Course Start Date
7.5 Hours per week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Plumbing and Services (Operations Stream) is designed for qualified plumbers and gas fitters looking to expand their specialist skills. Build your own contracting business, become a supervisor and be eligible to apply for your plumbing, drainage and gas fitting licence.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Design and size sanitary and stormwater drainage systems
- Design domestic treatment plant disposal systems
- Install gas, roof drainage systems, and hot and cold water systems
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Estimate and quote jobs
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career, including:
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to work independently
- Ability to liaise with clients
- Excellent organisation skills
- Supervisory skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- Eligibility to apply for your plumbing licence
- The skills and knowledge to start your own business
- Plumbing, drainage and gas fitter contractor
- Self-employed business owner of a plumbing business
GROW YOUR CAREER
This course qualifies you to work as a licensed supervisory plumber. There is a higher-level qualification pathway you can choose to undertake:
- Diploma of Diploma of Hydraulic Service Design
According to the Department of Jobs and Small Businesses, the rise of infrastructure around the state has largely benefited the plumbing occupation, as there is now an identified shortage of plumbers in metropolitan and regional NSW. The Certificate IV in Plumbing Services assists in nurturing qualified and licensed supervisors in an industry that is desperately seeking workers.
There are no information sessions currently scheduled for this course.
This is a part time evening course. You will need to attend approximately 7.5 hours of class, over 2 evenings a week, for 18 months.
You may also be required to complete approximately 5 hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, including assignments, revision, assessment preparation, learner self-directed study and activities.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course offering is designed for people who:
- are post trade and Certificate III in Plumbing qualified
SERVICES AND STUDY SUPPORT
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Smarthinking - after hours online study support service
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
- Accessibility and Disability Support Services
- Access to Read&Write learning support software at TAFE and at home
To keep you safe while studying, some of our face to face classes may be replaced with online or connected learning. We have also modified our face to face classes to meet physical distancing requirements and increased cleaning on campus. As restrictions ease, the way you attend your class may change again. If work placement and the demonstration of practical skills are requirements of your course, due to the impacts of COVID 19 there may be a delay or modification in being able to undertake these aspects of your course in the planned timeframe. Be assured, we'll keep you informed every step of the way.
This course is currently scheduled for 2 days a week. An individual training plan will be provided when you enrol in this course. Your plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessments.
SMART AND SKILLED FEES
This course is government-subsidised, meaning you pay a portion of the full course fee to TAFE NSW and the NSW Government will pay the balance. However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria for this to apply.
Depending on your previous qualifications and experience, your fee may be less than the maximum fee quoted. Your actual fee and eligibility for concession/exemption will be calculated and confirmed during the enrolment process. Payment plans are available through TAFE NSW for Smart and Skilled eligible qualifications.
For further information about eligibility and explanations of the different fee categories, visit Are You Eligible?
You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:
For entry into the Workshop, you must have:
- clear safety glasses, steel capped leather work boots, full length cotton workshirt/workpants or full length overalls (preferred): $ NIL (bring own supply)
For entry into the Classroom, you must wear enclosed footwear (NO THONGS) and bring the below:
- notepad, pen, pencil, calculator: $20.00 approx.
- AS/NZS 3500 - Parts 0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 and AS5601.1 and 5601.2, plus AS2845.3 (for Backflow Prevention): $ NIL (bring own supply)
- Business Principles course notes available from inteliprint estore, print code: PLS7DK: $30.00 approx.
- Advanced Water (incl. Backflow + TMV) course notes available from inteliprint estore, print code: PL4UCT: $105.00 approx.
- Advanced Waste course notes available from inteliprint estore, print code: PL8KAJ: $95.00 approx.
- Advanced Gas course notes available from inteliprint estore, print code: PL2UNX: $37.50 approx.
- Backflow Prevention course notes available from inteliprint estore, print code: PLB5VC: $25.00 approx.
- TMV course notes available from inteliprint estore, print code: PLY8HR: $20.00 approx.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
|CPCPCM4011A||Carry out work-based risk control processes|
|CPCPGS4011C||Design and size consumer gas installations|
|CPCPDR4013B||Design and size domestic treatment plant disposal systems|
|CPCPWT4011B||Design and size heated and cold water services and systems|
|CPCPRF4011B||Design and size roof drainage systems|
|CPCPDR4011B||Design and size sanitary drainage systems|
|CPCPSN4011B||Design and size sanitary plumbing systems|
|CPCPDR4012B||Design and size stormwater drainage systems|
|BSBSMB401||Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business|
|CPCPCM4012A||Estimate and cost work|
|BSBOHS403B||Identify hazards and assess OHS risks|
|CPCCBC4012B||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCBC4034A||Apply codes and standards to building trade and services contracting|
|CPCPWT4022A||Commission and maintain backflow prevention devices|
|CPCPWT4023A||Commission and maintain hot and heated water temperature control devices|
Occupational titles may include:
- Plumbing contractor
- Fire services supervisor
- Air conditioning technician
- Specialist hydraulic designer
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.
Porter Street, Wyong
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure