Offering Info - TAFE NSW
Course Start Date
Hours Per Week
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Non Government Subsidised
This skill set covers the competencies required by building surveyors or certifiers who apply knowledge of compliance requirements and construction methods and materials to the implementation of statutory building surveying requirements or to the provision of advisory building surveying services.
It applies to services provided for Class 1 and 10 buildings and structures as defined in the Building Code of Australia (BCA), up to three storeys and not more than 2000 square metres in floor area.
Pathways Information The completion of this skill set provides a pathway to the Advanced Diploma of Building Surveying and a range of other CPC qualifications.
Licensing/Regulatory Information At the time of endorsement, licensing, legislative, regulatory, certification or accreditation requirements apply to this skill set. For further details, check with the relevant licensing body in each jurisdiction.
Target Group This skill set is for people currently working as, or intending to work as, private or municipal building surveyors specifically on Class 1 and Class 10 buildings and structures as defined in the BCA.
Although there are no formal educational entry requirements for this course, TAFE Digital as a minimum requires students to:
- Have computer skills
- be able to study and work independently
- have high level of language skills, letter and report writing as well as research skills.
- have maths skills; ability to calculate and solve maths solutions (a level equivalent to Year 12).
- have good internet access.
Before we can finalise your enrolment we need to be sure you are aware of a couple of things: *We strongly suggest that you contact the licencing body in your State, prior to the finalisation of your enrolment for accreditation purposes (as this course does not meet licensing requirements in every State).
- We also require you to submit verification that you have or will obtain a Construction Induction White Card (NSW Workcover White Card) or equivalent in your State or Territory before entering a building site, and;
- Confirmation that you are able to gain supervised access to a number of building sites at various stages of construction, to undertake building inspections, thus enabling compliance with the course assessment criteria and finally; these sites must include, residential, industrial and commercial sites. It would be an advantage if you were employed in, or in the process of gaining employment in the construction industry.
- You will need to contact the licencing body in your State and gain an understanding of any additional requirements for accreditation in your State to ascertain if enrolment is a viable option for you.
To ensure you leave us with the most up to date qualification: If during or after your enrolment, the course in which you are enrolled is updated in line with National Industry Standards, the Institute reserves the right to transition you into an alternate course. If this becomes necessary, the Institute will advise you of the change and the arrangements for you to complete your alternate course.
We offer student services and study support to ensure you can achieve your goals. Learn about TAFE NSW Student Services
As a TAFE NSW student in this course, you will have access to:
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- Studiosity - online access to a real life tutor
- Easy computing online short courses
- Access to local TAFE libraries
An individual training plan will be provided to you upon enrolment in this course. This plan will outline the recommended study timetable and detail your units and assessment due dates on your course commencement date.
There are no subsidies for this course, it is offered for enrolment under a fee-for-service. There are no concessions, exemptions or scholarships available. Payment by instalments is available. Please ensure you also read and understand the associated fee policies and conditions related to withdrawal from a course, applying for a refund of fees and if you are behind in payment of instalments.
READ BEFORE YOU ENROL
Learn about TAFE NSW Fees
Learn about TAFE NSW Payment/Funding
Recognition is a process of acknowledging previously completed qualifications, skills, knowledge or experience relevant to your course. This may reduce the amount of learning required, reduce your course fees and allow you to achieve your qualification faster.
Learn about Recognition at TAFE NSW Recognition
To enrol in this course please click on the Enrol Now button. You may also enrol over the phone by calling TAFE Digital on 131 601.
Find out more about Applying and Enrolling
|CPCCBS6014||Conduct and report on advanced and final inspections of residential buildings up to three storeys|
|CPCCBS6012||Conduct and report on initial construction inspections of residential buildings up to three storeys|
|CPCCBS6006||Process planning applications for residential buildings up to three storeys|
|CPCCBS6001||Research and evaluate construction methods and materials for residential buildings to three storeys|
|CPCCBS6010||Conduct and report on building surveying audits of residential buildings up to three storeys|
|CPCCBS6008||Process building applications for residential buildings up to three storeys|
|CPCCBS6004||Assess and advise on compliance of design documentation for residential buildings to three storeys|
Whether you're a school leaver, an aspiring apprentice, looking to kickstart a career, or you're upskilling, reskilling, or re-training, there's a TAFE NSW course to give you the skills you need for the job you want.Enrol Now
Phone 131 601
Download Course Brochure
Enter your details to make an enquiry and receive the course brochure